resonators mufflers

monte70car

Hey Robert, if it helps, I got some from this fella on Ebay exhaustdr2n7a he makes the Exact reproduction resonators for our Monte Carlo's or chevelle's so much so I have them on the chevelle and am almost a sales rep for this guy now via so many people asking where the heck did I find OEM resonators for the chevelle. Only to tell them they are repeo's and you wouldnt believe it.they come in factory aluminized or stainless finish with various size combos for inlet or outlet and chamber length too. I also ended picking a pair up for Vaughns 71 SS monte and with me being such an OEM retard I wouldnt settle for any others. Just my opinion.... I also put the SS tips back on the Velle too. I will snap some pics to show you and upload too...

Darren.

2012_0525chevelle0001.jpg

2012_0525chevelle0004.jpg

2012_0525chevelle0006.jpg

Hey Ian, Unfortunatly I ended up with a standard drone from putting on the 2 1/2" exhaust on the chevelle with the American thunder mufflers, but when I did add the resonators 2 months later they didnt soften the drone or make it louder at all if that helps.... I just shouldnt have gone with the american thunder mufflers.....lol...But at idle and low rpm I now have that exact BB rumble that I had hunted for for years and finally have it and is awesome...

Darren,

Thanks Darren, I was looking at his resonators last night. i see you have the American thunder set up on the Chevelle which series of mufflers? My thinking was to do what you did with my older American thunder system with the 30 series mufflers. I will see if he has 2.5 in and out and I'm guessing the overall length of the resonator should be 10-12" is that correct?

Hi guys, the mufflers are series 40 and the length of the resonators are 14" overall but the actual chamber is only 10"... The guy on ebay had them in a 2-1/4" up to 3-1/2" if that helps... They finish off the exhaust really nice and you wouldnt believe how many guys look under that back bumper to see if they are actually there as so many dont bother to put them on or track them down. For me it was that OEM thing again....... lol..

Darren.

The FedEx person stopped by today and left a pair of those behind. 002-29.jpg I'll get them and the tips mounted this weekend(borrowing the tip from our El Camino project which are close to original with the gm part number on them)

Here is one resonator in place before the rain cancel the rest of the evening in the garage. resonator003.jpg I did notice the don't fit on the outlet side of the resonator as it's the same size. And this is for the other side which was used for mock up resonator002.jpg

Here is a picture of the old tips they been on the car since 99 tips004.jpg And the new setup tips002.jpgtips001.jpg both tips are 3 9/16" from the middle of the bumper and there is about half inch clearance between the top of the tip and the bumper.

Hey Darren.

Do you have a crossover pipe?

Hey Ian, Unfortunatly I ended up with a standard drone from putting on the 2 1/2" exhaust on the chevelle with the American thunder mufflers, but when I did add the resonators 2 months later they didnt soften the drone or make it louder at all if that helps.... I just shouldnt have gone with the american thunder mufflers.....lol...But at idle and low rpm I now have that exact BB rumble that I had hunted for for years and finally have it and is awesome...

Darren,

Hey Ken, Yes about 6 inches or so behind the transmission crossmember..

Darren.

Here is a picture of the old tips they been on the car since 99 tips004.jpg And the new setup tips002.jpgtips001.jpg both tips are 3 9/16" from the middle of the bumper and there is about half inch clearance between the top of the tip and the bumper.

That looks like a good position to me,Rob. I like those tips.

I just hope if I every order new SS tips those come off easy if not I'm in trouble.

Then you should have used these style clamps... wink

wlk-33272_w.jpg

Too funny on those resonators. I priced them out Friday from my exhaust supplier from 2-3.5 inch and they run $12-16 each. Up to $24 in stainless. They are just baby glass packs. I sell quite a few as replacements when my showbirds drive down in October.