70 Monte frame off overhaulin-style renovation !

Ulf

Thanks for the pics..i was stuck on location for two of the headliner retaining strips..the short curved one between the quarter glass and the rear window..just put em on..thanks a million..almost done with my 70 ground up..and i agree with MO..amazing you removed the body by yourself..good luck with the project

Nice work you are doing there. I wish I had a garage that big smile What are you doing with the Trans Am?

Its nice with some extra room:)

The 77 Transam belongs to a friend of mine.. completely restored and. new paint.

400 engine and manual gearbox

That's is in great condition and your garage is impressive. Welcome to the site, your pics are appreciated. Salt damage is bad in many parts of Canada as well. Mine was much, much worst than yours when it was only 16 years old!

Thanks.

Guess im kinda lucky with mine smile

Thanks for the pics..i was stuck on location for two of the headliner retaining strips..the short curved one between the quarter glass and the rear window..just put em on..thanks a million..almost done with my 70 ground up..and i agree with MO..amazing you removed the body by yourself..good luck with the project

Nice to beeing able to help smile

Any pics of your renovation?

The road de-icers they use here love metal. We can have some pretty heavy winters. I bought a 1970 Monte parts car this past fall that was built at the Flint,Mi assembly plant. It stayed in Michigan it's whole life. And it was in very bad shape. The Mid West winters here can be pretty brutal. Heck, in Michigan. It cam be 90 degrees one day and child enough snow the next.

Lots of de-icers used here too.

And i tought my country was weird :s

what no build sheet? The only other comment I have.. straight out brute Norseman force on the separation.. kicking

Hoped to find the build sheet.. might be in the seat, but its thrown away by previous owner..

Ulf, be positive. I found mine in the seat.

I am alittle ahead of you, but as fast as you are going you will pass me next week.lol The rust your car has is minimal compared to mine.

Welcome to the club.

Good luck on your project.

Ulf, be positive. I found mine in the seat.

I am alittle ahead of you, but as fast as you are going you will pass me next week.lol The rust your car has is minimal compared to mine.

Welcome to the club.

Good luck on your project.

Im very positive smile im falling more and more in love with the curves on this car ;)Im excited to drive it. Have never drove one before.. in fact, this is the ony one ive seen in norvay.

Its between 4-10 Montes in Norway.

Quite rare...

great to see another Monte being saved. you have a good lookin car to restore there..i see you took the body off by your self..where did you hook the hoist to on the rear of the vehicle?

Great project you took on! I think everybody should have to do a frame off restoration just once in their life. lol

"Just once" is definitely all I'm interested in! lol

And Ulf, it's looking like you're making great progress! Welcome to the club, and keep the pictures coming!

I'm sure I'll end up needing some for reference in a little while. smile

Its nice to have a project like this.

Havent done so much this week because litte time after work.

Probably the weekend is better smile

Thanx for all attention smile

• 2 months later...

Always nice to have something different. Only 4 in Norway!! Thats different!

We enjoy them here in the USA because they are not your typical muscle car. Many more guys restoring/cruising Camaros, Chevelles, and other GM A-bodies. It is always great to show up to a show and be one of the few Montes amongst all the "regulars". Good luck with the restoration. On the final leg of my restoration and getting anxious.

You'll get there. Good thing is that it looks like you have a real soild foundation to start with with very little rust. That is where all the money is spent. Your way ahead of the game starting with a clean car.

Keep up the good work.

Dan