what do you guys think

jacob

as you know i have started a frame off restoration i wanted to know what kind of suspension should i go with i want new A arms front suspension springs rear A arms bushings all the other stuff i woul like to have just like a complete bolt on front and rear I want to get it all at the same time to fom one place if at all possibile.

as far as the front end goes...IMO the money I spent on after market control arms was a waste of money, I'll use the stock ones from now on, but getting a new steering box with a tighter ratio was the best money I've spent on the front end

the rear control arms are a different story, they are weak and at least need to be boxed, I've seen many upper break in half and/or rip the bolt hole out of them

Rather than jumping the gun on a decision get a bit educated first. Speak to Mark at Sevitskes Classic & Customs Sevitskes Classic & Customs .

He wrote the book on How to Make Your Musclecar handle. He loves to educate and will work within your budget, build etc. and will help you achieve what your looking for or give you something you can build on in the future without having to take a step back or purchase things twice.

Sorry Sam, though I haven't driven my car yet I do understand the geometry benefits and what they achieve. I have seen the benefits on other cars though. There are arms out there with more engineering built in to them than the CPP ones you have installed. Maybe that is why you are not impressed, I do not know. The Mechanical Engineer/Architect in me understands everything in the design and the benefits they provide real world.

Dan

Originally Posted By: Dans '70 Z20
True. But if its spent over 11 years like me ($%$#@ !!!) Its painless. LOL

Dan

Glad I'm not the only one on the decade-plus timeline!

I'm not there yet but I am working on it frown Now that I know the end of the world is over I can start working on it more lol

I'll be a GOLD member before I have a driveable car. LOL

People have come and gone ...... and I am still here ..... just don't have a reason to be. Guess I just need to belong to something!

Dan

it's the people that keep us here, not the cars grin

so from what I under stand replacing the coil springs adding a rear sway bar with new upper and lower control arms rebuilding the front suspension and adding a quick ratio gear box will make a world of difference along with a rust free car sitting on brand new body bushings grin

Neat now all I have to do is shop around for all this stuff I have read some of the other post and found out more about the coil springs it sounds like moog is the way to go. cool

I did all the factory body bushing and also used regular bushings and did change rear control arms to hipo from Summit sine one of my lower was bent.Guess it was from hitting the drag strip a few times

Do yourself a favor and call this guy I listed earlier. Let him know what your looking for and he will set you on the right path. He has access to pretty much any manufacturer for suspension and can give you the low-down on each.

Rather than jumping the gun on a decision get a bit educated first. Speak to Mark at Sevitske's Classic & Customs

Savitske Classic & Custom

Hot Rod Shop

2059 Route 212

Coopersburg, PA 18036

Office: 610-381-6100 ....... ask for Mark

Orders and Tech Support Available Mon-Fri 10am-7pm

Dan

I will call him and get his advice I have to call Flow master and Bruce ( the man that sold me the car) the last time I heard from him he had been in a car wreck don't know how or if he recovered. He ALREADY had neck problems but he came out side though the day after the wreck to watch his unrestored Monte project get hauled away I think he was on the verge of crying. I knew that he was having a tough time and the money would help I didn't hesitate to give him that 4000 I felt bad that I was taking that away from him he has not seen the car sense it was on the roll back being hauled off.

what I'm saying is for the amount of money and how we actually drive our cars, the stock suspension works fine, that's a lot of money that could be used elsewhere especially when doing a frame-off

ditto

I would hold off on this kind of thing till after more important stuff is taken care of. Aftermarket front suspension can always be added later if its something you want.

hello every one we decided to get Tullock automotive to do my suspension they specialize in suspension and alignments so I know he's going to take good care of us so we have a roll back coming tomorrow.

well I don't know about an alignment just yet but I do know he's rebuilding the front suspension. all new bushings new coil springs, new adjustable rear control arms, rear sway bar, rear disc brakes possibly not sure yet, drilled and slotted rotors for the front and a good coating of Por 15 with a chassis paint top coat.