ground bracket?

willie

Dan Thank You for posting that! However, now i am not sure if mine had one. As everyone know my car was all apart but i do have this bracket

72customx029.jpg

but it has the small whole on the wire, my harness has the large washer that goes behing the headlight switch

72customx028.jpg

not even sure if the bracket is right for the car?

What do you guys think???

Sorry, I couldn't say for sure since mine is a 71 NO A/C car.

The video, posted prior, is very good and shows how grounding is vital. The special bracket was probably created for the assembly line to make sure all the switches were grounded and not forgotten. I think a good ground could be made with just about any wire as long as it is attached to a good ground, like the parking brake assembly.

I'd look under my dash but it doesn't have the cluster! lol But if I recall correctly mine just had a wire on one of the screws on the back of the cluster. The headlight switch ground is real important but a redundant ground attached to the cluster would not hurt anything.

I cant figure it out yet. I agree you cant have too many grounds. I just dont think this is acorrect one even though its marked for a 72. The dash harness has 3 grounds out of it just like the vidio shows, 2 grounds and the headlight ground. But i would like to put this on if i can. I am still trying.

Thanks Guys

Willie,

The 1972 Assembly manual does not show the bracket you have here. It only shows the large brass wire loop connected to the wire harness and attached at the headlight switch. I'm not sure where it would go if it is a 1972 part.

Willie I may see it on my car. Ill try to get a pic.

Not sure but it sort of looks like a bracket off of my wiper switch, then the long part goes down to a bracket that holds the bottom of the dash in place on the car.

My neck hurts now! I have a pic on my phone ill send you.

Thanks Guys, Tony that was me, i will get to take a look again tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for folding yourself up and getting under there Tony!!!

• 1 year later...

Holy Molly!!! I cant believe it, this post is from last Oct.  The bracket turns out to be a ground bracket for a chevelle sweeping dash. Does not fit our dashes. I did put one on from a chevelle  round dash with tach.

I had the dash in for awhile, but had to pull it back out some, to get all the duct work in. Almost back together and I ran out of time.

Thanks for all the help guys, I couldn't do this without you guys.