33 spline c clip axles

bigscaht

ok so ive started ordering rear end parts..got 342 gears and a tru trac unit in 33 spline form. i ordered this one because stronger is better and i figured it would be good enough for more power upgrades down the road...now I cant find and 33 spline c clip axles...where can I get these? any help or advice

U can order custome made axles from Moser

http://www.moserengineering.com/custom-alloy-33-spline-axles.html

I am pretty sure there are also others out there such as Strange Engineering and these ones':

http://www.justdifferentials.com/AXG3969285-3C-p/axg3969285-3c.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Moser 30 spline axles, they are thicker than the factory ones as they don't taper. The ones I have still use the c-clips and have held up to what I thrown at them over the years... wink.gif

If you're building the rear end on the theory stronger is better, now is the time to think about c-clip eliminators.

I have heard many tales of them leaking..unless there are 2 different makes now

I have heard many tales of them leaking..unless there are 2 different makes now

I personally haven't run them yet, but they are on my to do list if I ever get around to beefing up my 12 Bolt. There are several manufactures that make them. I haven't had a problem with my stock axels, but have heard the horror stories of broken c-clips and axels coming out. One of my worst fears would be to break a c-clip and have an axel/wheel/tire combo take out a quarter panel, this would be the main reason I would install them. That would be a bad day. We all know how hard it is to find a NOS quarter panel and the cost of body work. I think the main reason I haven't had a problem is due to never going to the Track. On the street it's very hard to dead hook. You find all your weak links when your car really hooks up hard, not when you have a little tire spin.

I've had my C clip eliminators for over 10 years, no leaks, making sure everything is clean for assembly is key! also making sure the axle vent is clear. They use RTV to seal them to the axle housing, so clean, clean, CLEAN! and waiting a full 24 hours before adding lube to the axle so you are sure the RTV is fully cured

I have Mosher axles

I have C clip eliminators from Strange. Never leaked a drop and the rear does get some abuse. These units use a tapered bearing and good seals and are made for all styles of driving. Earlier eliminators used a roller bearing and were basically drag race only and were not designed for much side loading and the seal was built into the bearing. That is probably where the horror stories came from. Using them for what they were not designed for.

i guess with any complaint comes a fix for better p.r....except for me... my wife always complains about me...but she just will not fix me..except down there shocked...3 kids was enough for her

• 3 weeks later...

ive considered the c clip eliminator things but honestly i dont forsee that much track time and I was worried bout all the leaking stories ive heard. i jus wanna play on the street and have some fun but now im wondering whats the cost difference in the axles and the rear end work? hummmm more research!!!

I am having my rear end narrowed and I have tossed these 2 choices around and read almost every post on the subject that I can and I will be going with the big ford ends. My application will be 100% street with the occasional tire chirp..cause at 400+ per tire I want them to last a little bit longer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My originals ones were 30 spline and my car is a small block.  The Truetrac works great.  I am at around 450 HP and run 3:55 Richmond gears (12 bolt) and haven't had any issues.  Haven't ran it at the track though, just street use.

• 3 months later...

so i found out today that Moser dosent make or offer 33 spline c clip axles....they told me they could sell me 33 spine axles that are held in with bolts and this requires welding..which im tryin to avoid....hummmm

• 4 weeks later...

i cant i need 33 spline cuz  I bought a 33 spline tru trac carrier..thinking more spines meant more strength...but i found some 33 spline c clip axles made by nitro axles from a link earlier in this post

• 7 months later...

Has anyone here done a rear disc conversion using factory parts from a S Blazer and C-clip eliminators ? or would using a rear disc setup eliminate the need for C-clip eliminators?

This link describes the parts needed to convert to disc with the park brake inside the rotor and not in the caliper.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-109454.html

Vince,    I tried to use the Blazer disc conversion, but the C-Clip eliminators for the Strange axles bumped the flange out too far.

Rear%20Discs_zps507o6b09.png

A flat caliper mount is needed for use with an eliminator.   I went with the '89-92 Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am  1LE disc backing plates: 

1LE_zpshwk2ccdx.jpg

because they will mount the '99 to 2012 Camaro PBR aluminum calipers which work wonderfully, and are available for $15 a set at our local parts yards...   pads for these are super cheap as well, and are available at any auto supply house.

Doug

Thanks Doug, Nothing worse than buying a bunch of parts that won't all fit together.

I am planning on getting the axles and eliminators from Strange, the disc upgrade was a last minute thought as I pulling the old parts out.