RADIATOR EXPLODED!!!!

71 MONTE 4 YA

Bad cap or stuck thermostat. Did you put a small hole in the thermostat to make sure that the air would bleed out of the block? If there was an air bubble around the thermostat it would not open.

Must have been a heck of a noise!

Bad cap or stuck thermostat. Did you put a small hole in the thermostat to make sure that the air would bleed out of the block? If there was an air bubble around the thermostat it would not open.

Must have been a heck of a noise!

Yes it was. I was like WHAT THE F!!!!???

Rodney, it sounds like every time you fix one thing something else lets loose. Sorry to hear about your hard luck. Did the shop who checked it out run any kind of pressure test or had it been dropped after it was checked out?

Rob

Rodney, it sounds like every time you fix one thing something else lets loose. Sorry to hear about your hard luck. Did the shop who checked it out run any kind of pressure test or had it been dropped after it was checked out?

Rob

Yeah Rob they checked it out and pressure tested it and gave me the okay. I put it back in the original box and stored it till today.

Sorry to hear of your latest set back, Rodney - lucky no one was injured.  It was undoubtedly steam pressure that caused it to explode meaning your new engine was experiencing dangerously excessive operating temperatures.  Hope you were able to shut it down immediately and haven't caused colateral damage to your valve train.

Sorry to hear of your latest set back, Rodney - lucky no one was injured.  It was undoubtedly steam pressure that caused it to explode meaning your new engine was experiencing dangerously excessive operating temperatures.  Hope you were able to shut it down immediately and haven't caused colateral damage to your valve train.

I hope there's no damage Dennis or there will be a 71 project for sale

Bro, you shouldn't be having this much trouble getting this car going being that you're an assistant GM at O'Reillys, again just an observation :fart:

I don't exactly understand what you're saying BRO!!! 

So, it is true.You can't keep a good General Motors Down. Way to Go !!  Hope everything is keeping cool Rodney !!   :fgmcc:   

Sounds great Rodney!!! Congrats on a successful cam break-in. As far as the radiator, crap happens. These old cars will fight ya sometimes. Keep digging you're gaining on it.

David

Glad it survived! :)

..... :dt   B)

Thanks everyone!!