Finally Getting Paint

I was wondering yesterday when we would see some new progress pictures.  It was worth the wait Tony.  She is really coming along beautifully.  You better not finish her up too quickly or you will be tempted to taker her out for a ride on the salt covered roads!!!!  Nobody would like to see that!!!

rob

• Like 1

I was wondering yesterday when we would see some new progress pictures. It was worth the wait Tony. She is really coming along beautifully. You better not finish her up too quickly or you will be tempted to taker her out for a ride on the salt covered roads!!!! Nobody would like to see that!!!

rob

Yeah. It's been kind of slow going. Dave, my painter. His Girl friend had been getting on him about spending to much time at his body shop after he gets out of work. Dave works at A Ford dealer in there body shop. Then he has his little business at one of his homes. So hopefully not too much longer. I've got allot of stuff to put back together.

Tony, glad to hear the weather did not hinder her return home.... If it had been here I am sure you would have waited for the conditions to be better.

Now we can look forward to seeing the progress of her coming back together.  Ya can't beat the progress of the trim going back on.

rob

• Like 1

I can't see much of her front end but what I can see looks to be smiling........ maybe not as big of a smile as is on your face I am sure!!!

Rob

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought I would add some more pictures to my part here. I'm still waiting on the front and rear fender extensions to be repainted. But I installed my door trim on both sides today. Installed the passenger door weather stripping. Also cleaned up the front bumper filler piece and just painted it a GM Silver,. I wasn't going to drive around and try to find that Argent Silver color. I need to order some fender trim clips for the front two trim pieces.

post-678-0-36649500-1457899672_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-22349700-1457899700_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-55808000-1457899726_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-01696000-1457899752_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Keep plugging away Tony, it is really coming together nicely!!! Really loving the shine. If you had'nt mentioned not using the proper color silver, I doubt anyone would have noticed. Every little piece you add brings you closer to completion and her maiden voyage.

rob

• Like 1

Looks great!

There has been some discussion on the board about how some of our cars had the lower part (perhaps 3" - 4") of the body / rocker panel area painted low gloss black.

Not all cars had this area painted but many did, my 71 black Monte built in Canada included.

I bring this up because now is the time to do this, if you plan on it, or to learn this if you didn't know about it.

Follow this link: 

http://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5198-blacked-out-rockers-again/?hl=%2Brockers+%2Bblacked

Sorry!

Bruce

Looks great!

There has been some discussion on the board about how some of our cars had the lower part (perhaps 3" - 4") of the body / rocker panel area painted low gloss black.

Not all cars had this area painted but many did, my 71 black Monte built in Canada included.

I bring this up because now is the time to do this, if you plan on it, or to learn this if you didn't know about it.

Follow this link: 

http://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5198-blacked-out-rockers-again/?hl=%2Brockers+%2Bblacked

Sorry!

Bruce

I was gonna paint the rockets black but thought that blue looks good down there.

Great, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

I have always like that color.

• Like 1