Quarter Glass rear seals/weather stripping

Clever1

Jim,

It would be great to know if your manufacturer finds that someone does make them and they are willing to pass that information along.

its the 70-72 body ive seen it in the super chevy the camaro body u can get in coupe or covertable. but the sad thing is u have to reuse the vin # on the body u have now.

They say the new Camaros come with their own vin # and can be titled as a 67 or 69 Camaro whichever one you get.

And I guess you don't have to reuse the old vin # on those cars.

I didn't even know they made the Chevelle bodys yet.

This thread is wandering away from it's beginning.The vertical weather strips are what were after.I'm in for a set for mine.May this company see the light and produce these that is what I wish for.

In case you are still loooking ....Steve Demers from club "NOS Z20" up in NH has a very nice used set on eBay. He is honest and a straight shooter. Description is always accurate. He parts out many Montes Chevelles and knows what a good part is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...0141247302&rd=1

• 3 weeks later...

Jared that is the problem , there are thousands of chevelle and camaro buyers out there , you can buy any part you want made in the usa for a 55 chevy , there are just not that many montes being restored to give you that buying power in numbers, jaylene dont worry i have lots of good used sets these seals are at the rear of the back glass the inners i have hundreds the outers are the rare pieces as weather gets to them , it was a part not many kept when doing the EVIL parting of the monte , another Evil monte parts guy had a set on ebay did not bring 60.00 so i guess they are worth say 40.00 i can just see the big after market companies rushing to get the molds made lets see sell 100 sets =4000.00 yep thats sarcasm sorry im just shakin my head

EVIL Leo the dog of parts

ps Jared yall getting evil to j/k

Jared that is the problem , there are thousands of chevelle and camaro buyers out there , you can buy any part you want made in the usa for a 55 chevy , there are just not that many montes being restored to give you that buying power in numbers, jaylene dont worry i have lots of good used sets these seals are at the rear of the back glass the inners i have hundreds the outers are the rare pieces as weather gets to them , it was a part not many kept when doing the EVIL parting of the monte , another Evil monte parts guy had a set on ebay did not bring 60.00 so i guess they are worth say 40.00 i can just see the big after market companies rushing to get the molds made lets see sell 100 sets =4000.00 yep thats sarcasm sorry im just shakin my head

EVIL Leo the dog of parts

ps Jared yall getting evil to j/k

If they have a metal backing to them, why can't they just make them solid out of rubber. I'll take USA or import, I would like to have a new soft set.

I'd give $40 for a new set...may even go $50 for new ones. grin

EVIL EVIL Jared....another one of those Monte Carlo dismantlers devil

KLASSIK1,

If they would reproduce these it would be great for monte owners I think. Think of all the ones that are on these montes that are weather cracked and leaking into the trunk and lower body panels.Do you have any outers that are descent shape? If you do, email me I'd be interested.

i think gm added the metal backing for a reason , if they were not metal backed the window would dig into and displace the strip , tear it off the car with repeated window use , i have this problem with the repo glass to glass seals they are way to soft , i am not at all impressed with any of the soft trim i have seen but if it all you can get you have to work with it

Leo

Probably already been gone over long ago, but has anyone looked to see how a 68-72 Grand Prix is sealed? The back edge looks very vertical, but with the radius at the lower corner it may be sealed the same as a Chevelle?

Guys,

I haven't heard from John excpet to say that it would be too expensive for them to make but have turned mine over to another company to see if they might be able to reproduce.

I haven't heard from him about the fender seals yet.

I hope the originals make it back to me.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

These are the same as the Cutlass Supreme non-fast back. Olds made 2 body styles for Cutlass's. One shape like the Chevelle, the other with a block type look to rear window. The block type, has the same weather strips as our Monte's do. Plus, when I got mine NOS from ebay, (don't ask what I paid), some wrote on the gm package 70-72 Olds Cutlass coupe. Just FYI, Daniel

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I bought a set from SS396.com but they only have 2 metal snaps not 3 like MC's but the outer they sent is for the vertical between the door glass and 1/4 glass.So if you order the ones from them just order the inner I think they will still work.Same length but not the third clip.I have a set of vertical without the steel in it maybe can make them work on outer.When I get that far I'll see.Really hard to get some parts