Quarter Glass rear seals/weather stripping

Clever1

Anyone know what the to seals/weatherstripping behind the quarter glass windows are called? One clips to the inside roof metal and the other screws to the outside roof metal. I need to locate these parts to move forward with my Monte. Any help would be great. I can e-mail pictures if someone can help.

As far as I know they are not reproduced yet. I had to get a nice used set when I had my car painted because my body guy lost mine. frown

Ian

Guest ADGTRUNKLID

I bought new ones from Muscle cars only I think it was just the rubber replacement that slid into the molding.

Guest 71SSMC

They are not reproduced the inner ones uasally will soften up if you soak them in silicone spray for a couple days.

The outer ones that screw to the back of the rain gutter are hard to find in good condition. I cut the old rubber off them and glued new rubber on them with 3 M trimadhesive.

I found rubber on a car at the junk yard that was the same shape as the old stuff.

They look factory and seal up nice.

Hi,I've talked with Restoration Specialties about these at Spring Carsile this past spring.They said they could repop these if they had a pair that were'nt to damaged.Mine are not worth sending to them,the weatherstripping tore off and I didn't save them.Chevelle's are different,the seal is all one piece, front to back.There address is P.O. box 328 Windber,PA.15963 Tel.# 1-814-467-9842. They do alot of this type of work.I made a piece that looks kind of like it and taped it on the steel piece but have not sent them in.If you find something out I'd certainly would want a pair though.

I didn't see John at the cruisein and he hasn't responded to my email yet but I will get with him soon and let him know they are in high demand.

I guess it goes without saying that I am in for a least one set. I have three out of the four pieces, so I guess I will have to fine a good used set.

I talked to Steele Rubber a couple of years ago about these. I sent him a piece from my weather stripping so he could get a good look at it. But he said they couldn't do them at that time. Maybe now if they see there is a small demand for them they will do them.

Put me down for a few sets.

FYI, The latest response.

"Jim,

This can sometimes be a very long process. We are going to first make sure no one else has these parts.

Then it will have to go before our new parts committee before.

I have looked over the part with our engineer and it is a more costly & difficult part to produce than you would think.

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

John

I hope they realize there is a huge demand. We already have like 20 sets sold from this thread alone. mad

If they don't reproduce then I guess we'll have to have them custom made. frown

Thanks for getting this far Jim. :)Maybe they'll do it...

I wouldnt consider 20 sets a huge demand as they wouldnt either. I know they want to sell thousands of these things to make money, the sad part is that Montes arent Chevelles, or Camaros, and there arent a lot out there left to make parts for. Maybe someday they will make these, but I am not holding my breath. Camaros are so popular, they make a whole new body for them now, and we cant even get a decent patch panel mass produced for our fenders! mad