More "storage" space

1 hour ago, willie said:

Dennis with all the work Joe is doing (It looks great Joe!!!) he gained about 50 pounds of muscle all upper body, He doesn't need any help. He can push the car on the trailer one handed!!!

That's funny Willie, but I'll never turn down help! My job has made me lazy, lot of sitting around working from computers. This outside work has actually been a good thing in the whole scheme of things.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Dennis with all the work Joe is doing (It looks great Joe!!!) he gained about 50 pounds of muscle all upper body, He doesn't need any help. He can push the car on the trailer one handed!!!

Ya no doubt there. 

Started at 0630, done by 1030. Had to drive the buggy again, lol.

One step closer...

20210612_063820.jpg

20210612_100730.jpg

20210612_104037.jpg

• Like 1

That looks great. But I think it’s off an inch to the left. Lol jk. Nice taper. Good tie in too. One step closer. Did you get the big door in ?  Just curious. Never seen it closed. 

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Did you get the big door in ?  Just curious. Never seen it closed. 

Not yet on the door. Should be soon.

Yesterday they delivered the wall insulation & the driver thought they were coming Monday to install them. That's going to be a problem as I want to paint the floors first, which requires at least 30 days to rough up the surface. I want to do that first, so it'll make it easier to grind the surface without hitting the walls, plus the coating will go on easier and not get on the walls as well. They'll just have to wait.

Looks Great Joe!!!!    You said you had to drive the buggy for 4 hours, better than pushing the wheel barrel around for 4 hours.   Actually it looks like fun. I see the chair on the side where the shade is and i know was your designated spot, but its missing all the Coronas. Or did that start at 10:31???   LOL   

Really looks great!!!!

36 minutes ago, willie said:

Looks Great Joe!!!!    You said you had to drive the buggy for 4 hours, better than pushing the wheel barrel around for 4 hours.   Actually it looks like fun. I see the chair on the side where the shade is and i know was your designated spot, but its missing all the Coronas. Or did that start at 10:31???   LOL   

Really looks great!!!!

Thanks Willie! I've done the wheel barrow thing in the past with concrete, this is MUCH better! Wish I had that buggy around the last few months when I've been moving clay & stone around by hand.

Yep, I actually did sit in that chair, ate the Tim Horton's muffins I picked up this morning & drank water, no beer. The first truck was there at 0630, second one not too long after. Todays pour was 14 yards of concrete. We'll cut the lines in & seal it later today. In the mean time, more work to get ready for Carlisle!

56 minutes ago, willie said:

Really looks great!!!!

Willie

the buggy has cup holders for the Coronas but I didn’t see the umbrella on the buggy 

Willie

the buggy has cup holders for the Coronas but I didn’t see the umbrella on the buggy

LOL     Dennis if i know Joe that buggy was for his friend Phil (Person doing all the work), and Joe was in the back of the bldg with his buggy the one with the cup holders and umbrella. He was shining it up making sure it was looking great!!!

He has a Rep to keep.   LOL

47 minutes ago, willie said:

LOL     Dennis if i know Joe that buggy was for his friend Doug (Person doing all the work), and Joe was in the back of the bldg with his buggy the one with the cup holders and umbrella. He was shining it up making sure it was looking great!!!

Doug didn't do the concrete, farmed that out to someone else. He did all the site work work with his son though, moving all the dirt around, digging the trenches for electric & drainage etc. Maybe 15 years ago we would have done the concrete, but those days are pretty much behind us.

I did have to clean the buggy though, lol. The concrete guy is pretty particular about his equipment and pressure washes everything as they go. I drove the buggy, so I cleaned it (as well as a lot of the other stuff along the way).

LOL   So i was half right???   And where did i get Phil from, Sorry Doug!!!  And now i owe you a Corona.   Lol

All kidding aside Joe, It looks great and ALOT of work in a short time.

5 hours ago, willie said:

LOL   So i was half right???   And where did i get Phil from, Sorry Doug!!!  And now i owe you a Corona.   Lol

All kidding aside Joe, It looks great and ALOT of work in a short time.

Thank you Willie, and I will take that Corona now! I had to pay for the concrete yesterday 🤑.

It has been a lot of work, but there's still plenty left to do between prepping & painting the floor, more digging & stoning along the back side of the bldg., getting another load of topsoil for the front/side of the bldg. and planting grass there, laying down stone & leveling it for the hot tub pad and placing decorative bricks around it, then finish wiring up all the outlets, etc. when the interior walls/insulation is done. One step at a time, it'll all get done. Oh, then finish running the gas line inside & hang a heater before it gets cold out.

Got tired of those 4 back lights being all twisted. No matter how hard you try to center the chain that they're hung by, it would flip or flop. Cut up some 1" aluminum angle I had in stock & made up a reinforcement bracket. Never went to sleep after night shift this morning, but the lights hang much better now. On vacation now until a few days after Carlisle :yay:

Overhead door is getting installed Saturday so they came yesterday & got the opening area insulated and flashed. The birds aren't going to be happy, they've found a home in there.

20210616_154338.jpg

20210616_155210.jpg

20210616_192500.jpg

• Like 1

Ya I had to go back and find the pic of the lights. That would have drove me nuts to. Lol. Looks much better now. It’s really hard to do a project like that when you’re so anal. Lol. I mean no disrespect because I’m the same way. You get another well done. 

Thanks Dennis! It was bugging me all along too, but today just seemed like the day to get it done, lol. Everyone who looked in there said the same thing, bothered them too. Hey, they were free...

I guess the kicker was when I spun the cameras back to see what time they came to do the door opening, and I saw them pointing at the lights and laughing 🤣

40 other things I should have been doing instead, but it'll all get done.

I won't need the parking lifts, that's why I ended up making the building bigger than the original plan of 30x40. The price of a couple of lifts was more than making the building 36x48 instead.

They just finished the door installation. 16'x10' x2" thick, R-17.5 insulated industrial door.

After everything is buttoned up in there with the floors, etc., I'll take the man door off and spray it with white base/clear like I did all the other doors in the main shop. Looks nice, holds up forever, and no brush marks. It would be nice to hide the other cars in there to keep the paint overspray off of them, one of the main reasons for this building in the first place.

20210619_145215.jpg

Ya know. The door just makes it. It’s the biggest moving part in a house (garage)(shop). It’s like dotting the i. I know there’s still a lot to do but it is just huge progress. Looks like the gutters turned our real nice. 

39 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Ya know. The door just makes it. It’s the biggest moving part in a house (garage)(shop). It’s like dotting the i. I know there’s still a lot to do but it is just huge progress. Looks like the gutters turned our real nice. 

Thanks! So far, everyone had done a really good job. The builder, his gutter guy, the door people too (I've used them for all the big doors in the other shop in the past, excellent stuff "Over Head Door" company).

At least now I can leave stuff in there & lock it up. When I get back from Carlisle, I'll wire up the door switches and tie them into the alarm.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that Carlisle is done, time to get back to my good friends the shovel & wheel barrow. Had to clean up the fence line to put some bricks along to shore it up. Had to pick the 91 degree day with high humidity for that job. I'll be dumping stone in there after that.

Had to clean off the spray cure from the concrete to get ready for paint prep. Took about 8 1/2 hours to get that stuff off. Don't believe it when they tell you it's water soluble and comes right off. Next is grinding the floor down to rough it up for paint. Hope to maybe start that fairly soon. 

20210628_095936.jpg

20210629_213330.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Rob Peters said:

Joe, I don't know where you get the energy.....carryover from the energy (power) plant???

rob

Hahaha....believe me, I wish I could take some of that home in my gym bag!

I agree Rob, i think he must plug himself in while he is there and when he gets home he is the energy bunny!!!

What a great job Joe. Is there going to be enough room to put a hot tub between the 2 bldgs?

8 minutes ago, willie said:

What a great job Joe. Is there going to be enough room to put a hot tub between the 2 bldgs?

Thanks Willie!

The hot tub will be behind the shed, which is between the 2 buildings. There was a  12x15 dead spot right there, figured it was a perfect spot for it.