More "storage" space

8 minutes ago, Stamminator said:

This has been great following along with this project.  I'm anxious to see how you finish and outfit the interior.  Keep this going!

Thanks!

The interior is going to look like the ceiling, white sheeting after its insulated. I want to paint the floor first though, to get full coverage and also keep the slop off the walls.

53 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So take the Monte, the camaro and the bike and do big a.. burnouts and the coat the floor in clear epoxy. Kinda like a keepsake. Lol. 

I've been doing that all along up and down my driveway.

• Haha 1

Joe it looks great!!!  Agreed the cost must be a killer. Have a few more Corona's and you will not remember the numbers till tomorrow, then you have a few more. lol   It really is coming along, and i wish i had one to do what you are doing with it. Love it

8 hours ago, willie said:

Joe it looks great!!!  Agreed the cost must be a killer. Have a few more Corona's and you will not remember the numbers till tomorrow, then you have a few more. lol 

Thanks Willie!  I didn't have to pay just yet, lol. That'll be later in the week I imagine when we pour the other pad. 

Hey Joe, nice progress but curious why you're pouring a 6" pad ? I didn't think you were putting in lifts (most require minimum 4"), are you buying a toter home and double stack to take your toys with you on vacation? 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DragCat said:

Hey Joe, nice progress but curious why you're pouring a 6" pad ? I didn't think you were putting in lifts (most require minimum 4"), are you buying a toter home and double stack to take your toys with you on vacation? 🤣

I poured 6" everywhere here in the past when we added on to the main shop, plus all the exterior drives & pads. For the small price difference, I like to go bigger. The guys I poured it with at the time all like 6" too, plus plenty of stone. We were doing a lot of concrete work amongst us at the time, so they gave me an account & a good price per yard.

Plus I thought ahead just in case the lift in the main shop gets tied up for any length of time, a new one will go in the back corner of the new building (I already have the wire to run in the attic before I button up the walls to get it to the circuit panel, just need to get up there and run it).

I may get an enclosed trailer down the road, but those don't weight that much. 🙂

Looks like Saturday will be the day to pour the outside pad from the look of it (6" as well).

• Like 1

I really like the 6 inch. Have you ever seen a lift come down with a car on it. I’ve seen two. Not pretty. Idiots didn’t balance the car but still. Well done Joe 

18 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I really like the 6 inch. Have you ever seen a lift come down with a car on it. I’ve seen two. Not pretty. Idiots didn’t balance the car but still. Well done Joe 

My cousin had a transmission shop, told me a bunch of stories of cars that fell off lifts due to various reasons  (and employees). That was right before I was getting my lift at the time....sure makes your butt pucker a little.

Plenty of good pics out there, especially on the corvette forum of cars that fell off lifts, not pretty at all. People don't think ahead, like when removing the rear diff & trans assembly, which is located in the rear of the car. When I pulled my trans/diff out of the vette a couple years ago, I secured the rear of the car to the lift arms, and put a post jack up front as added insurance the nose heavy car wouldn't take a dive. Added s few hundred pounds of sand tubes (from my snow plow ballast weight) in the rear area too to help offset the missing parts.

I always put a stand under the back up a pickup when I put it in the air ( also kept me from cracking my head on the trailer hitch). The two that I seen were the lifts actually coming out of the floor due to lack of secure concrete. 

43 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The two that I seen were the lifts actually coming out of the floor due to lack of secure concrete. 

I can't even imagine that, holy crap. To visualize the thing ripping out of the ground and slowly falling over, without a damn thing you can do about it must be a moment that would certainly lead to an impending vomit session.

7 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I can't even imagine that, holy crap. To visualize the thing ripping out of the ground and slowly falling over, without a damn thing you can do about it must be a moment that would certainly lead to an impending vomit session.

One of them was coming down slowly. Three of us held up the car while the shop owner lowered the lift. We saved that one.  The other wasn’t so lucky. When the one pole went the car went down sideways and the lift arms went through the roof. Uh o better get maaco. It was totaled 

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

One of them was coming down slowly. Three of us held up the car while the shop owner lowered the lift. We saved that one.  The other wasn’t so lucky. When the one pole went the car went down sideways and the lift arms went through the roof. Uh o better get maaco. It was totaled 

I think I peeded a little. Lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jft69z said:

I poured 6" everywhere here in the past when we added on to the main shop, plus all the exterior drives & pads. For the small price difference, I like to go bigger. The guys I poured it with at the time all like 6" too, plus plenty of stone. We were doing a lot of concrete work amongst us at the time, so they gave me an account & a good price per yard.

Thanks, I get it. The older I get the more I follow the only stupid question is the one not asked mantra. 

13 hours ago, Dtret said:

Not that I wouldn't cry like a baby if mine fell off a lift, but what make me super serious and cautious are the stories of the people hurt especially since I'm by myself most of the time. 

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

The older I get the more I follow the only stupid question is the one not asked mantra. 

Absolutely! 

57 minutes ago, DragCat said:

... but what make me super serious and cautious are the stories of the people hurt especially since I'm by myself most of the time. 

Same here, usually alone in the shop. My gf gets worried if I don't answer the phone sometimes, figures I may be crushed under a car. Then we laugh about it because she would turn the buildings into a dog/animal sanctuary & pet hotel if I was gone. 

• Haha 1

Yep. I’m alone also. But luckily I’m stuck in a basement now and she can hear all. When it gets quite she starts yelling for me. If I don’t answer then she comes down. Sux when I’m in the bathroom. But I appreciate it. Lol. 

More digging and moving stone & dirt around the last couple of days with by buddies, the shovel & wheel barrow. Decided to push the pad 30" past the  initial plan of even with the side wall of the building, which meant more manual labor for me, lol.

Today's weapon of choice is the tamper. Hope to lay the wire mesh down tonight or tomorrow to get ready for Saturday.

20210609_132636.jpg

5 hours ago, Dtret said:

O the pain. More Corona. Looks great 

Good idea, thanks!

4 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks great but my back is sore just looking at the pictures. 

Yeah, 'Aleve' is taken daily lately,...

Got most of the mesh in, but also took a little break to see how the Monte is going to fit in my buddies trailer. Going to have to add a couple of D-rings up front, but other than that, looks good. Going to mount a winch up front too, but that's not really necessary, just insurance in case something happens. Putting new tires on the trailer tomorrow, plus checking the brakes & wheel bearings.

20210609_183624.jpg

20210609_162748.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dtret said:

If something does happen there will be plenty of people to push that car on the trailer. You’re just going to have to find some and pay them.  Lol. Jk

I'll put the winch in, but thanks for offering to push! 😜

Dennis with all the work Joe is doing (It looks great Joe!!!) he gained about 50 pounds of muscle all upper body, He doesn't need any help. He can push the car on the trailer one handed!!!

• Haha 1