Hagerty article on first gen values

https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/hagerty-insider/is-the-1970-71-monte-carlo-finally-getting-the-attention-it-deserves/?fbclid=IwAR0gV_VskxKZL9yQ5LQgjv1sdy55QBjx8Ayz2DP4xYqXhCDHxLXnSZQWL4E

A few common errors referring to the Monte as a G-body and having a Chevelle wagon frame. Overall nice writeup about the increasing value/popularity.

• Like 2

• Canuck changed the title to Hagerty article on first gen values
1 hour ago, flatmotor said:

only if you have a 454 in it Us guy that have the org 350 in yours don't count,I have mine since I bought it in 1971.But it is OK with me.

No, that's not true, all of them have jumped in value over the past few years, not just SS454's and 402's

rob

• Like 1

I thought the same thing Ronald. When I first joined this web site 9 1/2 yrs ago that was my bent on things. These guys (Sam Michaels especially) set me on the correct path. Now I try to double check anything I post here so I do not dispense false or incorrect info.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 1Bad454 said:

I always thought that our frames were identical to the Chevelle. I didn't realize that they were longer.  

The Monte has its own frame. The frame from the firewall back is the same as a 2-door Chevelle frame. The front section is 8 inches longer (4 inches extra wherlbase and 4 inches ahead of the front wheels).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

The Monte has its own frame. The frame from the firewall back is the same as a 2-door Chevelle frame. The front section is 8 inches longer (4 inches extra wherlbase and 4 inches ahead of the front wheels).

I saw your correction in the comments section about the article. Good stuff!

I know they have gone up but the shows always rave on big blocks Be it Chevelles or Mopars.I've had a 427 big block in my 55 Chevy street car and modified production in the late 60's and early 70's but I just love Chevys.Trying to get back on my 35 Standard.And i still have my 55 with a 331  with a 90 tuned port and a 4 speed had it sine 74

McCall72  45

Posted 1 hour ago

Interesting that Gen X favors the Monte over the Chevelle.  I certainly fit into that category!

Ditto.  Me and my ‘70 SS were born the same year.  

I’ve always loved Chevelles and Camaros (my first ride at 16 was a ‘67 Camaro with a 327 and PG)... but “everyone” has one of those cars. Give me ANY first generation MC over those other Bow Ties anyway. 

• Like 2

Gen X right here too! 1971

The first time I saw these cars I was in 7th grade. My older brothers friend had one and it caught my attention. It was clean.