Bucket seat question

I'm re-doing the interior this winter. My question on the seat backs and lower seat panels. My car needs the moldings around the seat back replaced. The lower panels don't have the moldings. I have seen pictures on line that show both some with and some without. The panels are in good shape so do I just replace a the molding or the panels too.  The parts place has the molding kit for 85.00 but the complete panel kit for 169.00. Not sure if anyone has used the molding kit. Let me know

I got the molding from Ames Performance (a pontiac outfit). It was nice and thick like the OEM compared to some of the thin stuff offered elsewhere. Not sure what the Parts Place is offering. I think the Montes only had it on the backs, but I put the molding on the lowers too, I think it looked a little better that way.

20211114_135210.jpg

• Like 5

I think the part number I got was:

https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/Detail_Web?part_num=A132Z&order_number_e=MzE1NjU2MQ%3D%3D &web_access=Y

They sell just the back pieces for $69, part number A132ZR

A lot cheaper than the P/P too. I initially got the ones Legendary offers, too thin. They're still sitting in the basement if someone wants them pretty cheap.

• Like 1

At the risk of soindong cheap, I don't mind saying, Before spending all that (US to Cdn) money I thought I would try the $4.99 fix from the Bianca Liquidation Center here  in the city. It fit like a charm and although it's not Factory I find it's a great fix for now! They also sell at Canadian Tire for $19.99 but is a little too small to fit.

Jeff 1970 SS Black

Screenshot_20211114-181633_Gallery.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rare SS said:

At the risk of soindong cheap, I don't mind saying, Before spending all that (US to Cdn) money I thought I would try the $4.99 fix from the Bianca Liquidation Center here  in the city. It fit like a charm and although it's not Factory I find it's a great fix for now! They also sell at Canadian Tire for $19.99 but is a little too small to fit.

Jeff 1970 SS Black

Screenshot_20211114-181633_Gallery.jpg

The picture of the package doesn't do it justice, let us see what it really looks like

rob

I was able to get a ride to the shop today and take a few pics of the $4.99 chrome edging I found at Bianca Amour's discount store. Btw, you can usually find the same type in a lot of stores for up to $20. 

It was super easy to install and looks great! Now I just have to buy some headrest escutcheons, paint the seatbacks & buy those little chrome bullets to finish off the process!

Jeff 

1970 SS454

Screenshot_20211116-013607_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-013811_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-013848_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2