Floor pans

Robert

44 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Long answer short, Yes.

You really need to limit thos long answers.  Short and sweet is something we understand.

rob

• Haha 1

Good morning one and all. Now that I have the floor, are there any mods I'll need to do to get the best fit. Any tricks or tips  would be of great help. If it wasn't for the insight and help of all the members,  I don't think I would have taken on this project.  Thank you all. Robert

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this a full one piece pan or something you can put in from the top? If it requires lifting the body off you should weld some tubing into the body to keep everything square and stable.

It's a one piece pan with floor braces. Plan to add support bracing .  Side to side, front to back and criss cross. Thanks for the advice. If anyone has more tips or tricks, always looking for ways to make things go better.

Can't stress this more ,Measure, Remeasure, Then 2 more times before cutting floor. Take lots of pictures where you start cutting, as you are going thru the process. Be very careful where rear \ side structure braces are to floor area. This where to double check side to side measurements (+/- .062" max). You'll have to cut your floor out in 3 sections to get it out of the car. I hope your doing it off the frame. That way the new pan will go up from bottom of body. It's a lot of work, but man looks great when finished. Might want to start a thread when you're ready to get started on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input James . Yes I'm doing a body off, have been taking pictures. Should have taken more. Spent the last three years putting together parts (still buying) and now its go time. I'm thinking of doing a thread for my build. There isn't going to be much left of the original car. But to make it right, it has to be done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Thanks for your input James . Yes I'm doing a body off, have been taking pictures. Should have taken more. Spent the last three years putting together parts (still buying) and now its go time. I'm thinking of doing a thread for my build. There isn't going to be much left of the original car. But to make it right, it has to be done. 

Start a thread. Start from the beginning to where you are now and then just keep adding. Don’t worry if we get it off track, we like to highjack sometimes. Lol. You’ll get it back on track with the next update. I apologize in advance for that. 

• Like 1

Ditto on what Dennis says. I only have a picture of mine before I started the frame off restoration. I have pictures after it was put back together, not the entire teardown. That was fun for me. Not the cost of putting it back together. I know that there were times I wanted to push it off a hill at the shop we used to restore it at. Now it's sitting behind me getting some "needed upgrades" ..... Things I wanted to do way back when.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 1