PICTURES 2008 Eastern Meet

Capri's 71 SS

I am so glad I made it to the meet...even without my car.

Bill

I'm glad you made it to Bill. I went last year without my car and had a great time. No stress that way, but when they all go for a cruise, you feel out of place! lol At least you where in the Vette.

My biggest worry was if "my people" (Mike and Rick) wiped down my car after it rained! lollol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was quite a great bunch of pictures Caps! Great job to all who worked hard to put it together, and hats off to all attended and had a great time!

Ian

Great Pics Capri!!!

I think the "Butt" incident will go down in history as one of the highlights of 2008. lol

The Surpranos was a hoot to meet, all of them had great senses of humor, and everyone didn't mine me picking on them, as they done it back.

Nice pictures Capri! It was great to finally meet you and the family! Also nice to meet Jared and the other Carl Hanson and to see the Long Island gang again - Steve, Al, Dan and Jim along with Leo, Andreas and everyone else. I watched the odometer turn 57,000 miles around Allentown and averaged 14.5 miles per gallon. Made it home to CT. around 9pm. I had a great time and thanks to everyone!

JimB104.jpg

Capri I would also like to thank you for all those photos-I just went thru it on slideshow and relived the whole thing-now why can't I pack the car THIS Thursday and do it all again!!

All those folks,together 17+ hours a day,and nothing but great times-just like a big extended family(well I don't know if I'd want to be penned up with MY extended family that long)-maybe being "related by Monte" is the best way of all!!!

Thanks again Brian

ps the photos of Saturday's sunset filtering thru those wet hoods are awsome. A sunset in the West,a magnificent full rainbow in the East-how's that to top off a great day??

Wow! Man that looks like a HUGE event! fantastic cars and you all look like your havin' a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos. awesome shots. Jjs

Nice pictures Capri! It was great to finally meet you and the family! Also nice to meet Jared and the other Carl Hanson and to see the Long Island gang again - Steve, Al, Dan and Jim along with Leo, Andreas and everyone else. I watched the odometer turn 57,000 miles around Allentown and averaged 14.5 miles per gallon. Made it home to CT. around 9pm. I had a great time and thanks to everyone!

JimB104.jpg

14.5 miles to the gallon Jim. THAT IS GREAT!!!

Now at next years meet if you can come there is no reason not to drive your Monte again. grin

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics, Steve!! I just missed the rainbow by about 5 minutes!! It was great meeting you & your family. Your son was a sweethart taking time to play ball with the little ones so us "grown-ups" could socialize! We owe him!

It was great meeting you also Capri as well as everyone else. I hope to be able to do it again in the future. As far as owing Todd...I'm sure it was his pleasure. He is a great kid as much as Tyler, but Tyler is a little more reserved until he gets to know you. I am blessed.

Steve

JimB104.jpg

Jim,

I didn't realize you had driven to the meet in your car. If so, how many miles was it one way... I hope we didn't give the Longest Disatance Driven award to the wrong person.

Rob

Originally Posted By: Jim Boczar

JimB104.jpg

Jim,

I didn't realize you had driven to the meet in your car. If so, how many miles was it one way... I hope we didn't give the Longest Disatance Driven award to the wrong person.

Rob

On Jim's FGMCC window paper it said 500, he was second to my 575. Good to see an SS 454 get driven 500 miles and not trailered!!

Jared

Originally Posted By: Rob Peters
Originally Posted By: Jim Boczar

JimB104.jpg

Jim,

Rob

On Jim's FGMCC window paper it said 500, he was second to my 575. Good to see an SS 454 get driven 500 miles and not trailered!!

Jared

Jared,

If there are two people that are close, as you and Jim were, we would have used a mapping program on the computer and mapped it out from door to door to see for sure and to be totally fair. I had no idea Jim had driven his car or I would have done that. Driving a 454 that far had to cost a bundle. I know that Greg and Capri were saying that they got better mileage in their truck, towing their 454, than they were getting in the car the short distance they drove it prior to going back to get it on the trailer.

Rob

I had printed out the mapquest route, but I did start out on the Merrit Parkway to avoid local truck traffic in Waterbury CT. The mapquest total mileage stated 438 miles, but I ended up doing 500 miles. The difference was in the first leg of the journey to Scranton PA being 60 miles more than the mapquest total. So, Jared is still the longest distance driver! I went home on 76 and it was easier and a few less miles. Gas slips added up to $285.00 for the round trip!

I have been a member of the National Club for over 10 years and never been to a National Meet, so when it became a joint meet I decided to make the trip. I would have loved to put the Monte on a trailer, but then I would have had to borrow my brother in law's truck and did not want to go that way.

The worst part was actually driving my Monte in the rain - never done that before, and the best part was seeing 48 other first gens at one meet!

I normally put on alot less then 1,000 miles per year just doing local shows, so I am already over my limit and that was my first show for this year!!

Jim,

From Pittsburgh, I have driven mine to:

Greensburg (Joint meet)

Cleveland (NMCOA meet)

Carlisle (FGMCC Eastern Meet)

Indy (FGMCC Eastern Meet)

Bristol Tenn, (FGMCC Eastern Meet)

Commerace Ga (FGMCC Eastern Meet).

I have loved every trip but since it is a low mileage car (46,000 orig miles) I hate to put the miles on her.

Rob