Brake tubing.

If you are looking for a direct replacement Inline Tube is the way to go. If you are looking to bend your own you could get some copper nickel brake line and fittings and bend your own pretty easily. I've done that on a few cars.

I make my own.

That being said, the above suggestions are right on the money. I've had customer service issues with Inline, but they do usually have what you need.

2 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Restoring, modifying, or making it your daily driver ??

Daily driver/driving restoration/quality oriented.

1 hour ago, Rancid87 said:

If you are looking for a direct replacement Inline Tube is the way to go. If you are looking to bend your own you could get some copper nickel brake line and fittings and bend your own pretty easily. I've done that on a few cars.

That's what I'm looking at. I want to change them all but I've read a lot about some of the alloys being so soft they're hard to get a good flare. Especially 3/16th.

On my son's pro street  70 Monte we used a combo of inline pre bent brake lines and we made a few. I used this kit from Amazon. Double flaired with no issues. 

Screenshot_20220406-194954.png

PXL_20220116_212834185.jpg

PXL_20211226_230607872.jpg

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I've read a lot about some of the alloys being so soft they're hard to get a good flare. Especially 3/16th.

I've made lines out of stainless, steel, copper, copper-nickel, monel, etc. All sizes, single flare, double flare, 37 degree, 45 degree, etc., never had problems. Don't let what you read scare you, who knows what that person did wrong, or what type of experience/equipment they had.

Just like some of the reviews you see on amazon, home depot, etc....some people don't have a clue what they're doing, then post negative reviews about the product/tool.

If you decide to do it yourself, you should order the stainless spring coil to slip over the tubing, makes it look OEM and offers some protection as well.

• Like 1

I agree with what was said. Quality tools and materials are key if you decide to do it yourself. These are the products that I have used with great results. I got lucky on my 71 and didn’t have to use them ( originals were all perfect, love California cars). The 37 degree flares don’t come in the kit, I purchased separately, but you probably won’t need them. 

8EFE5D44-7E90-436A-ABE7-231D7FBD3353.jpeg

7AA488DD-98E4-4DA4-9FE4-6E600D50E476.jpeg

739B4FE1-58F1-4730-B137-74952F3F9ECF.jpeg

8634B1FB-7E98-460B-B1CD-BDBCB4A89AE7.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I agree with what was said. Quality tools and materials are key if you decide to do it yourself. These are the products that I have used with great results. I got lucky on my 71 and didn’t have to use them ( originals were all perfect, love California cars). The 37 degree flares don’t come in the kit, I purchased separately, but you probably won’t need them. 

Yep, quality tools are key. I have the same Mastercool set, plus picked up the 37 degree dies as well. SUR&R makes a real nice flaring tool as well that clamps in a vice, even easier than the Mastercool tool, I got the 37 degree dies for that one too.

I'm at work, this is an internet pic of the SUR&R tool:

S.U.R. & R FT351 Deluxe Flaring Tool (1)

I have the Eastwood version of yours jft69z. Been doing it the old fashioned way for 35+ years. Should have bit the bullet long ago and invested in one of these sooner. Sooooooo easy and perfect every time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

On my son's pro street  70 Monte we used a combo of inline pre bent brake lines and we made a few. I used this kit from Amazon. Double flaired with no issues. 

Screenshot_20220406-194954.png

PXL_20220116_212834185.jpg

PXL_20211226_230607872.jpg

I was looking at that very kit on Amazon. I still have my original line springs on the car so I'll reuse them.That's how I did my last Chevelle.

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

What are the advantages of a 37* angle? Better seal?

Not really. The 37 degree flare is used with the AN type of fittings. Used that stuff when I was in the USAF, and it's the same fitting used with braided steel lines such as Russel, Earls, plus a bunch of other vendors nowadays. I ran AN fittings for the EFI on my Monte, Z/28, plus numerous other things over the years. 

Unless they're in perfect shape, it'll be more work to re-use that spring shield than just getting new ones. Pretty cheap, available from Summit, Amazon, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Brake-Protector-Gravel-Spring/dp/B01IRQXDZC?th=1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Yep, quality tools are key. I have the same Mastercool set, plus picked up the 37 degree dies as well. SUR&R makes a real nice flaring tool as well that clamps in a vice, even easier than the Mastercool tool, I got the 37 degree dies for that one too.

I'm at work, this is an internet pic of the SUR&R tool:

S.U.R. & R FT351 Deluxe Flaring Tool (1)

Yep got it. Actually two of them. Lol. Had three and gave one two a friend. Also gave him one of the mastercool flaring kit. Good friend. Before the company I work for got bought out they were actually a “real “ parts store that had good tools and products. Now it’s a profit margin thing. They don’t have this stuff anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rancid87 said:

I use a generic cheap flaring tool and as long as I clamp it in the vise it makes pretty good flares.  The hydraulic tools will make life easier though.

That's the one I currently have.....and I also use it in the vice.