New here. 71 monte wheels?

MajorPain99

Looking to buy some new rallys. Can anyone link me a set of 4 that would work? Was thinking 15x7 4.25"

And a set of 195 tires all around. I know its not the best option, but just am trying to get the car down the road for now and will probably change in the future. 

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2 hours ago, MajorPain99 said:

Looking to buy some new rallys. Can anyone link me a set of 4 that would work? Was thinking 15x7 4.25"

And a set of 195 tires all around. I know its not the best option, but just am trying to get the car down the road for now and will probably change in the future. 

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

One of our members is selling a set his name is Jack Cooper papa coup

The wheels are easy, probably find a set at a local wreckers... It's the caps and rings you might have to go to the restoration places for. But I'm sure there are a lot of people here that just might have a spare set in the back corner of their garage. Distance is the issue.

But with spring here, the swap meets should be popping up soon. Keep an eye on the classified sites to see if anything local appears. 

Welcome!

The size of rim (15x7 with 4.25 backspacing is the stock rally wheel size for your Monte. They are pretty common and can likely be found locally at a swap meet or on Facebook Marketplace. Those are the rims on my 71 as well. Be aware of used tires though as they can fail if they are old.

FYI, we are having our annual Western Meet in Ashland, Oregon in June. There will be club members there from 7 states and 2 provinces. 😎

10 hours ago, Canuck said:

Welcome!

The size of rim (15x7 with 4.25 backspacing is the stock rally wheel size for your Monte. They are pretty common and can likely be found locally at a swap meet or on Facebook Marketplace. Those are the rims on my 71 as well. Be aware of used tires though as they can fail if they are old.

FYI, we are having our annual Western Meet in Ashland, Oregon in June. There will be club members there from 7 states and 2 provinces. 😎

Thanks, I'll have to try and make it to that meet. Really for it to be drivable. I just need to figure out brakes now. Replaced booster, car stops, but pedal stays on the floor and wont spring back up after applying brake. So just need to figure that out 🤷‍♂️

20220424_174815.jpg