a/c issues

I think there's a plastic inline fuse holder, with a 30 amp fuse, in the engine compartment that feeds the max blower. It may be in, or close to the plastic wire gutter that's bolted to the firewall (probably will be closer to the passenger side). The wire may be orange, and will terminate at the horn relay buss, which is the power feed for it. I'll double check a wiring diagram in a bit, getting a slow start today 😴

• Like 1

I went into the pos70 tear down photos and found this. This is the wire Joe is referring to. Obviously the fuse is disconnected. The other end of the fuse wire is green I believe. 

31B1FF7C-5E1B-4EB8-AE60-F41C3DA13C66.jpeg

958A99CE-60DF-4FF1-814B-3D90DD466F3D.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

I think there's a plastic inline fuse holder, with a 30 amp fuse, in the engine compartment that feeds the max blower. It may be in, or close to the plastic wire gutter that's bolted to the firewall (probably will be closer to the passenger side). The wire may be orange, and will terminate at the horn relay buss, which is the power feed for it. I'll double check a wiring diagram in a bit, getting a slow start today 😴

thank you i will check that tomorrow

1 minute ago, tire size said:

thank you i will check that tomorrow

Let us know what you find. If that doesn't help, we'll dig deeper.

• Like 1

I am not sure but if i remember correctly, couldn't the problem stem from the resister. I thought when the fan blows on the other speeds but doesn't blow on high, its the resister.  I could be wrong but remember something like that.

12 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not sure but if i remember correctly, couldn't the problem stem from the resister. I thought when the fan blows on the other speeds but doesn't blow on high, its the resister.  I could be wrong but remember something like that.

changed the resister first

It's usually the other way around. If the resistor is bad, you lose the lower speeds.

32 minutes ago, tire size said:

bingo, that was the issue!!!

Awesome! Now, hopefully the new fuse will not blow again. If it does, that may indicate other problems. We can deal with that if & when it happens.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1