Spark plugs .everyone's input.what they use.

Chris shipley

I asked a friend once what types of plugs should I use in my 500+hp sbc.  

Bill has won multiple Walleys’, taught me how to build engines, and has gained my trust.  I asked which was better E3’s, … his reply was spark plugs only supply a spark, there is little difference between the types then he said he uses NGK’S.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I asked a friend once what types of plugs should I use in my 500+hp sbc.  

Bill has won multiple Walleys’, taught me how to build engines, and has gained my trust.  I asked which was better E3’s, … his reply was spark plugs only supply a spark, there is little difference between the types then he said he uses NGK’S.

I agree with Bill. I just did a lot of research this weekend on the same subject and concluded that Bill is correct. All said they just supply spark. 

I just changed the plugs in "Big Red" this weekend and the cap n rotor only because they were the originals from when my son and I assembled the engine in 2016. 

I had r45ts in there and installed r44ts. For some reason I had the new plugs in the glove compartment for years. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I use autolite in my Monte. I found out years ago for some reason they worked the best. It depends on the application though on my truck I would only what Factory recommended same with a lot of the foreign cars. Of course on Mopar champion.

Pretty much what I do as well. I do use Autolites in my Monte & Camaro, but AC Delco in the rest of the stock GM vehicles. NGK seems to work great in my CTS-V & ZR1 though.

When it came to customer cars, whatever the OEM had, is what I used. Stay away from Bosch plugs at all costs, unless random misfire codes are what you're looking for 😁.

• Like 2

I went with NGK's as well... Better clearance on small block headers. 

Tried the "Splitfire" plugs on my '86 Buick T-Type years ago. Didn't see any improvement, and haven't heard any raving reviews on the E3 plugs either. 

12 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Pretty much what I do as well. I do use Autolites in my Monte & Camaro, but AC Delco in the rest of the stock GM vehicles. NGK seems to work great in my CTS-V & ZR1 though.

When it came to customer cars, whatever the OEM had, is what I used. Stay away from Bosch plugs at all costs, unless random misfire codes are what you're looking for 😁.

Thanks for the info 

• Like 1