Leftover project STILL here

I couldn’t find my original post but I thought you all would find this somewhat humorous. So I did a bunch of work on a friend’s 55 and I told him before thanksgiving it was done and needed to go or it was going outside. I’ve been paid and all that good stuff but he won’t get the car. So it’s been outside since before thanksgiving. Well Friday we were expecting massive wind 70-80 mph gusts so I decided to move all the cars to the front of the house ( no trees) on Thursday. When I got home from work Friday this tree branch was lying right where the 55 was setting. Not a big branch by any means but dang close and probably would have caused some major damage to roof and hood.  Good thing I moved it. I sent the owner pictures. 

10EADE67-7518-498E-AE67-BB29E60FC698.jpeg

A6E50C5C-D2E3-47D0-AE24-BD8C7CCB8C66.jpeg

• Like 5

Dennis 70-80 mph gusts and only the one tree came down???   Go play the lotto!!!    Here all kinds of stuff would be on the floor, everything not nailed down.  I say keep her!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis 70-80 mph gusts and only the one tree came down???   Go play the lotto!!!    Here all kinds of stuff would be on the floor, everything not nailed down.  I say keep her!!!

O no Willie. I spent all yesterday ( well some anyway) building branch piles all over the yard. Today I get to gather them all up and move to the burn area.  Not a lot of trees but a crap ton of branches. The wind did break off a tree top, and it’s stuck in two other tress so all of them will have to come down plus whatever fatalities they take out. Time to fire up the chainsaw. 

• Like 4

This is about half. But now I can start the burn and let it go while I gather up the other piles. To everyone ( including myself before I moved) who complains about city living be careful. The country has a different set of issues. Lol. Them piles are a good 5 ft tall. 

FAA1C2EB-D565-413A-85B8-75761D2D8011.jpeg

1E621D0A-E0B8-4AFC-ABB7-82FFBCD3099C.jpeg

3 hours ago, willie said:

Ok Dennis maybe i should take it back!! Or maybe check the dates on those photos!!!   LOL

I took a screenshot of the pictures so you can see the time. The date isn’t on there because it says TODAY.   

2353CA35-AC7D-4DA2-836E-28D440599793.png

57590501-9265-407E-950B-1374C9A057EF.png

• Like 2

I have heard in Saskatchewan that the average time city dwellers last in the  country is 5 years, my wife and I made  it 18. Not sure if the  US is the same. Started with bare land, house, shop and stopped  counting trees at 10,000. Anyways back in town now, happy wife, happy life but still miss the open space.

• Like 5