One Down, One To Go

Weather looks like upper 60s to lower 70s all week. Just finished brunch and cocktails with the in-laws and figured now is as good a time as any to get at least one of them out of hibernation. If I don’t unwrap the ‘70 today, it will definitely be within the next day or two.

5BC8708E-EE5B-4CFA-8DA6-0FA9BA7EF6A2.jpeg

AE540DB7-B417-4954-B2D6-02D544DCD505.jpeg

1CC289F7-440A-42EE-B296-F4EB5480395E.jpeg

721F9FEF-FF60-4315-9530-51BEB3C52398.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Wish I could find the calendar with your car on it Glen, I used to have from about 10 years ago but I can't seem to find it. If I come across it I'll definitely give it to you. I may have tossed it cleaning out stuff.

Appreciate the thought, Steve. However, Mr. Lyman was kind enough to send a couple along as he had extras from when he owned the car.  One calendar is from ‘08 and one is from ‘11, and they used the same pic in both.  

I also obtained the book it was featured in, with Bob sending me another copy of that as well. 

Took her for a short blast to get everything hot and circulating, came back and made a margarita… and then I ran outta steam. The ‘70 will have to wait a day or so. 

0D899D62-B507-4CBE-A4D6-FA3B3CD88086.png

72B93C2D-06D8-41DE-925A-62520294BE71.png

53AE7C45-0312-455B-AEC2-E5826C536E27.png

7CFC4B1F-C117-4524-BEA4-1CBF13477394.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Weather looks like upper 60s to lower 70s all week. Just finished brunch and cocktails with the in-laws and figured now is as good a time as any to get at least one of them out of hibernation. If I don’t unwrap the ‘70 today, it will definitely be within the next day or two.

5BC8708E-EE5B-4CFA-8DA6-0FA9BA7EF6A2.jpeg

AE540DB7-B417-4954-B2D6-02D544DCD505.jpeg

1CC289F7-440A-42EE-B296-F4EB5480395E.jpeg

721F9FEF-FF60-4315-9530-51BEB3C52398.jpeg

IMG_4029.MOV

Beautiful car

• Thank You! 1

Ya gotta love Spring when you are a classic car owner..  the renewed excitement about getting her out for the first ride of the season is a great feeling.

rob

• Like 6

I fired up all three of mine as well ( 70 chevelle, 71 Monte and 88 Monte). Nothing beats the multiple sounds of all three running at once. The fourth sound was a little more annoying, Karen telling me I’m stinking up the house. Lol. She didn’t buy the “ give it a minute and they’ll clear up “. But dang they sound good. I didn’t drive them I was too dirty from yard work. Maybe tomorrow. Dr app. Today. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The fourth sound was a little more annoying,Karen telling me I’m stinking up the house.

Yeah, I had a similar sound with similar complaint. “Don’t sit on that couch with those smelly clothes”.  
As if the funk deposited by the Labrador after taking it over years ago doesn’t exist. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Glen said:

The fourth sound was a little more annoying,Karen telling me I’m stinking up the house.

Yeah, I had a similar sound with similar complaint. “Don’t sit on that couch with those smelly clothes”.  
As if the funk deposited by the Labrador after taking it over years ago doesn’t exist. 🙄

Ya selective noses. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

Which no doubt pales in comparison to the smells YOU put out..... 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

No bullying allowed here.

rob

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Hmmm....pot calling kettle black....😜

(Thought you were going to be scarce for a while,  lol...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, jft69z said:

I believe we’ve been over this before. Words sometimes hurt more than fists, Broseph.   

13 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Thanks, Rob. The psychological ramifications of bullying obviously mean nothing to someone without a soul. 

12 hours ago, Dtret said:

Ya. 

“Ya”.  That’s all you got?  Geez, dude, I woulda thought you’d dust off your A Game at such a pivotal crossroads. 

12 hours ago, jft69z said:

Hmmm....pot calling kettle black....😜

(Thought you were going to be scarce for a while,  lol...)

And there ⬆️ it is. Trying to minimize, deflect and assign blame to others.  Classic psychopath tactic. 

Looks like I just added some soul searching and inward reflection to my “To Do” list. Tonight, my heart hurts. 🥺 

• Like 1
  • Kook 1

Will be another week or so here in Winnipeg, but is warming up and melting!

It's all good though, am still reassembling the Monte from getting a new paint job a few weeks ago! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glen said:

I believe we’ve been over this before. Words sometimes hurt more than fists, Broseph.   

Thanks, Rob. The psychological ramifications of bullying obviously mean nothing to someone without a soul. 

“Ya”.  That’s all you got?  Geez, dude, I woulda thought you’d dust off your A Game at such a pivotal crossroads. 

And there ⬆️ it is. Trying to minimize, deflect and assign blame to others.  Classic psychopath tactic. 

Looks like I just added some soul searching and inward reflection to my “To Do” list. Tonight, my heart hurts. 🥺 

That's some of the best fictional writing I've seen in a while. That misguided  'Poor Me' routine is so bad though, even Ray Charles can see through that one. Nice try though, how many Bud-Lights did it take for you to come up with that?

-

-

-

(Side Note for new members here: Glen, Dennis & I talk/text daily. All is good, and this isn't how we actually treat members here....well, except for Glen. Feel free to abuse him as you wish).

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That's some of the best fictional writing I've seen in a while. That misguided  'Poor Me' routine is so bad though, even Ray Charles can see through that one. Nice try though, how many Bud-Lights did it take for you to come up with that?

-

-

-

(Side Note for new members here: Glen, Dennis & I talk/text daily. All is good, and this isn't how we actually treat members here....well, except for Glen. Feel free to abuse him as you wish).

Wow. Both complementary and insulting in the same breath.   I guess I’ll take it… after all, a partial win ain’t a total loss.  😂🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

-

-

-

The group members do mess with each other pretty regularly. But it’s all in fun and nothing personal. And of course there is no bullying allowed. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The group members do mess with each other pretty regularly. But it’s all in fun and nothing personal. And of course there is no bullying allowed. 

Absolutely..

. I come from a place that takes 🎾🎾busting to a whole ‘nother level.  But always in good fun regardless of how dark or politically incorrect it may seem to some. 

Which is why Joe, Dennis and I have a secret safe word for when skin gets too thin.

Dennis always yells out “there”, but all I ever hear is “their”.  Not sure why he picked that word. Weird how that works. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Absolutely..

. I come from a place that takes 🎾🎾busting to a whole ‘nother level.  But always in good fun regardless of how dark or politically incorrect it may seem to some. 

Which is why Joe, Dennis and I have a secret safe word for when skin gets too thin.

Dennis always yells out “there”, but all I ever hear is “their”.  Not sure why he picked that word. Weird how that works. 🤔

Two “ there’s “. 

• Like 1