1970 Rocker Panel Clips

3 hours ago, Whons said:

Dennis, Your measurements must be wrong. The dimension from the front to the rear hole on my trim is 79 1/2"  not 63 1/2" like you mentioned. please advise.  thanks  Wayne

From the front of what? My measurements are not off 16 inches. Please advise on what you are measuring. If you’re measuring the rocker trim itself you’re adding the fender. I did not and said that. 

33 minutes ago, Dtret said:

From the front of what? My measurements are not off 16 inches. Please advise on what you are measuring. If you’re measuring the rocker trim itself you’re adding the fender. I did not and said that. 

It's all straightened out D, I spoke with him on the phone. 

Your numbers are good. The pics of the fender measurements were a big help too. 

No problem whatsoever. We’re here to help. Glad you got it. I’d be a little cautious too if I had to drill a bunch of holes in the side of my car. What do they say?  Measure, repeat, repeat again. Mark and measure again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I’d be a little cautious too if I had to drill a bunch of holes in the side of my car. What do they say?  Measure, repeat, repeat again. Mark and measure again. 

Dennis is right.  When I installed a passenger side rear view mirror on my Monte I can't tell you how many times I measured, remeasured, measured again and then remeasured....not satisfied I continued to measure even more before I pulled the trigger on my drill.  In the end it came out perfect or as near perfect as my eyes could muster.

rob

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis is right.  When I installed a passenger side rear view mirror on my Monte I can't tell you how many times I measured, remeasured, measured again and then remeasured....not satisfied I continued to measure even more before I pulled the trigger on my drill.  In the end it came out perfect or as near perfect as my eyes could muster.

rob

I wish I would’ve measured three more times on my mirror. It’s off a hair. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dtret said:

I wish I would’ve measured three more times on my mirror. It’s off a hair. 

Thanks for sharing.  I will take that into consideration next time I am doing my participant judging at a club meet.

rob

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Thanks for sharing.  I will take that into consideration next time I am doing my participant judging at a club meet.

rob

As you’ve stated before the passenger side mirror is not a deduction. Ha ha.