Radiator Hose Clamps

I have never been a fan of the tower style hose clamps. However, because I’m trying to stay as close to original as possible, I ordered them from The Parts Place. The one on the left is what was on the car, and on the right is what they sent me. Not only are they wrong size, they’re a different design. Every website I look on shows the same design. Does anyone know where to find the taller tower hose clamp?Thanks!IMG_5466.thumb.jpeg.4ea4972498505c9759133c98a672fd66.jpeg

• Like 1

Got mine a few years back from opgi.. they looked about the same as yours Sammy, I do believe the upper and lower radiator hose clamps were different sizes... they had everything in stock except the upper one.. went on backorder.. I’m still waiting, ... NOT.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used that style clamp on my other car and found them to be way inferior to the originals. The bolt is poor quality and several of them broke before they were tight enough to seal the hose. I am sure they were made in China and not ordered from OPGI or the Parts Place, but as most aftermarket stuff comes from a single source and distributed to the various vendors........ 

Personally, I would never use that style clamp unless it was NOS. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cbolt said:

I used that style clamp on my other car and found them to be way inferior to the originals. The bolt is poor quality and several of them broke before they were tight enough to seal the hose. I am sure they were made in China and not ordered from OPGI or the Parts Place, but as most aftermarket stuff comes from a single source and distributed to the various vendors........ 

Personally, I would never use that style clamp unless it was NOS. 

Very true

I have one that came off a 1979 ford er “chevy “tractor , never been replaced, it’s much stronger than the ones from opgi... is it on the Monte now?... 🤔,uh could be .😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the input guys. I was able to make out 2 1/16" stamped on one of the clamps I took off. The new ones are 2 5/16" and won't tighten down enough to secure the hose. I ordered 2 1/16" from OPG this morning. The Parts Place didn't show them on their website. Fingers crossed I'll get them.