Getting the back seat loose

Well I crawled into the back of the car and tried my best to bust the back seat loose to look for a build sheet but I guess I don't have enough Ummppphhh left to break it loose.  I'm gonna try again but if you guys have an old Indian or Navy trick to get it loose, I'm all ears..............................

Used my knee but can't get enough leverage, tried my arms but not strong enough to release it.  Sigh...................

Try one side at a time instead of straddling the hump and hitting it from the middle.  

Both seats slid forward for as much room, and leverage as possible. 

• Like 3

Yes, agree with Glen do one side at a time. I find (because i am righty) the passenger side first, bring front seats as far forward as they go, get in the back on your knees push with your legs as far as you can, then give it a shot with open hand right above the clip/lock. I know they are a PIA but that's how i do it and sometimes a rest in between is necessary.

• Like 3

I agree with the others. A hard push toward the back of the car at the bottom spring steel lower frame of the seat.  Important, at the same time you push back, once it starts to move toward the back you also need an upward movement.

rob

• Like 6

I had to use a large screwdriver as well, look under the seat and locate the seat structure that slides into the slot. If you push to hard it will slide back and lock as the lock is shaped like an upside down T.

• Like 1

Be careful!. Youl be flat of your back like me. But once you do it once , it hopefully will be easier next go round. Good luck 🍀 

• Like 1