Countdown To Carlisle MIni-Meet

Rob Peters

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Every time I look it's different. Sunny one minute, thunder storms a few hours later, snow the next day, etc. Like I said to Rob earlier today, we'll see how it looks when we get there Thursday. A couple of years ago the forcast showed gloom and doom, and it was an awesome weekend. 

Joe is right, a couple years the forecast looked very bad but as it turned out the only rain we had was overnight while we were sleeping.

I think we will have a decent sized club canopy.  That will be our gathering place.  Also, like Joe said, bring an umbrella. I have also packed a few poncho's.   If it does rain we will get to see who has waxed their car by how well the water beads up on everyone's car.  This is a rain or shine event, no matter what, we will have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone.  

rob

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DragCat said:

Its getting real now.........tomorrow I start packing 😀

Mark is so right, it is really "getting real now"!!!!  After today we will only have 2 days (If you are counting on your fingers that is only✌️days) and a wake-up before we will be arriving in Carlisle.

rob

• Like 1

Willie asked me about car covers the other day, the cheap plastic disposable kind with elastic on the bottom. As we were talking, I looked online and found some on Amazon, basically like a big shower cap (or car condom).

So, FWIW, below is a link to them, and Amazon had them to my house the next day (Willie & I are going to split the box of 4). Actually, I just ordered another box minutes ago to be safe, and again, they'll be here tomorrow.

They say there's only 10 left in stock, so hurry if you think you may want some.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPSMV4JL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The reviews aren't the greatest, but keep in mind what you're buying here.... it's just a cheap, disposable rain cover, not going to be used for winter storage.

20230619_084103.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Willie asked me about car covers the other day, the cheap plastic disposable kind with elastic on the bottom. As we were talking, I looked online and found some on Amazon, basically like a big shower cap (or car condom).

So, FWIW, below is a link to them, and Amazon had them to my house the next day (Willie & I are going to split the box of 4). Actually, I just ordered another box minutes ago to be safe, and again, they'll be here tomorrow.

They say there's only 10 left in stock, so hurry if you think you may want some.

The reviews aren't the greatest, but keep in mind what you're buying here.... it's just a cheap, disposable rain cover, not going to be used for winter storage.

20230619_084103.jpg

8 left, thanks Joe

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

8 left, thanks Joe

You're welcome Frank.

Better to have them and not need 'em, than need 'em and not have them. 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You're welcome Frank.

Better to have them and not need 'em, than need 'em and not have them. 😉

I’ll have to get Karen to order me a box. I don’t have prime so I won’t get them in time. Hey that rhymes. Lol n

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

20230619_084103.jpg

Frank says it said there are only 8 left.  I just looked and it says only 4 left.  Joe, you should get a commission, looks like some of our members are ordering them.  I just placed an order and selected to have them delivered to the hotel so they should get there on Wednesday...it cost me an extra $11.11 but it is money well spent.  

What I am figuring is this.  If I use one of them Thursday night, I will throw it in a plastic bag and take it to the show field.  That way, since it is disposable and it we have much rain during the day we can use it on one of the sides of the canopy if the rain is blowing in... Multi Use Item.

rob

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Frank says it said there are only 8 left.  I just looked and it says only 4 left.  Joe, you should get a commission, looks like some of our members are ordering them.  I just placed an order and selected to have them delivered to the hotel so they should get there on Wednesday...it cost me an extra $11.11 but it is money well spent.  

What I am figuring is this.  If I use one of them Thursday night, I will throw it in a plastic bag and take it to the show field.  That way, since it is disposable and it we have much rain during the day we can use it on one of the sides of the canopy if the rain is blowing in... Multi Use Item.

rob

I ordered one more of those boxes which brought it down to 6 at the time, lol. Figured since Dennis wouldn't get them in time, I'll have plenty.

They are kind of flimsy, if it's the least bit windy out there, they won't last on the side of the tent, they'll just tear into pieces, I think. I have plenty of zip ties and a roll of duct tape, so I'm sure we can come up with something.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

I ordered one more of those boxes which brought it down to 6 at the time, lol. Figured since Dennis wouldn't get them in time, I'll have plenty.

They are kind of flimsy, if it's the least bit windy out there, they won't last on the side of the tent, they'll just tear into pieces, I think. I have plenty of zip ties and a roll of duct tape, so I'm sure we can come up with something.

Maybe I said I ordered them and really didn’t knowing I could just steal one of yours. Lol. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Maybe I said I ordered them and really didn’t knowing I could just steal one of yours. Lol. 

You did mention something about it in the text message, (the stealing one from me) 🙂.

At any rate, we should have enough to get us thru the weekend. Maybe the simple fact that we have them, will magically change the weather situation so that it's sunny and dry, and that'll be money well spent in my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

You did mention something about it in the text message, (the stealing one from me) 🙂.

At any rate, we should have enough to get us thru the weekend. Maybe the simple fact that we have them, will magically change the weather situation so that it's sunny and dry, and that'll be money well spent in my mind.

Absolutely. I did order them by the way. Lol. 

11 hours ago, jft69z said:

I read that as you were ordering more for a side hustle at the show 🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Joe is right, a couple years the forecast looked very bad but as it turned out the only rain we had was overnight while we were sleeping.

I think we will have a decent sized club canopy.  That will be our gathering place.  Also, like Joe said, bring an umbrella. I have also packed a few poncho's.   If it does rain we will get to see who has waxed their car by how well the water beads up on everyone's car.  This is a rain or shine event, no matter what, we will have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone.  

rob

Rained here this afternoon, latest forecast says I might be leaving in the rain Thursday 😠 I'll bring my new dreadnaught towel, washed the monte and wiped it down with no streaks or spots 😀My only concern with the rain is I'm leaving the drag radials on 🙃 If its sketchy I might have to hitch a ride with one of you hard core show guys

42 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I read that as you were ordering more for a side hustle at the show 🤣

It's the simple concept of "Supply & Demand". $ 💰 $

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

It's the simple concept of "Supply & Demand".  

You supply as people demand and make bank. If you have enough extra you can sell them to the Fiero girls and they can put two under each one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like they re-supplied those car covers, there's a dozen in stock as of this morning. 

8 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Obviously we have wondering thoughts 

Wandering?