Countdown To Carlisle MIni-Meet

Rob Peters

Steve, wishing you a speedy recovery. We will miss you but plenty of car shows to catch after your back to your normal activities. Feel better !!! 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

Steve gonna miss you buddy!!!    Take care of yourself and get ready for the next show, when you feel up to it!!  First things first, GET BETTER!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

4 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I have to say with great sadness I am not able to make this trip to Carlisle this year due to physical limitations from this back injury, I have had to cancel 3 trips so far and am really bummed out about it. I have notified the club officers. Hopefully I'll see some of you at Syracuse, at this time I'm hoping that I'll be able to make that one either with or without my camper. I'd like to say thank you to a few members that have reached out with words of encouragement and kindness.  I love this club! Guess I'll start planning next year. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels. 

Sorry to hear that Steve,  hope your back heals up and we see you in Syracuse.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I have to say with great sadness I am not able to make this trip to Carlisle this year due to physical limitations from this back injury, I have had to cancel 3 trips so far and am really bummed out about it. I have notified the club officers. Hopefully I'll see some of you at Syracuse, at this time I'm hoping that I'll be able to make that one either with or without my camper. I'd like to say thank you to a few members that have reached out with words of encouragement and kindness.  I love this club! Guess I'll start planning next year. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels. 

Steve, as I said when we talked live, I am so sorry you won't be able to attend.  Anyone who has had back issues know how debilitating it can be.  It is horrible to not be able to get into a comfortable position.  Every time you think you have found a good position it only lasts a short time and then boom you are in pain again.  The horrible pain is also very exhausting because you are constantly stiffening  muscles as you move to try the shooting pain at a minimum and this is so exhausting because it is like you are constantly doing exercises.  Hopefully the MRI will turn up a path to healing.  Prayers for a path to being more comfortable.

rob

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Below is a copy of an email I sent this evening to everyone who has registered with me that they are attending this mini-meet.

Good Evening All,
If you are a normal, regular attendee to our club website you may already be aware of the below information but many people aren't regulars on the club website.  

As you may know one week from tomorrow (Thursday) our members will be arriving at the club host hotel to kick off our GM Nationals FGMCC Mini-Meet.  For everyone who pre-registered and received their gate pass in the mail please be sure you bring that gate pass and everything that came with it in the envelope.  If you forget it I don't think they will issue you a new one without paying for it.  The letter that came with it you will also need at the show field because you will use that to pick up your participant judging sheet and your Carlisle Events Goodie Bag.

Just a note, this is a group email so if you have a question, just for me, please Do Not select Reply To All or else everyone will get your comment or question.

Again this year our Monte's will have a prime location on the show field.  For those who were there last year for our Eastern meet, we will be parked in the exact location.  What makes this nice is we are as close you can be to the food vendors, normal running water bathrooms rather than port-a-poddy cells.  We are also closer than anyone else to the parts vendors.  

Tony Di' has agreed to bring a table and a cooler.  The cooler will be used at the show field.  I will be picking up bottled water for our club members.  All members and their guests will be welcome to FREE ice cold water all day Friday and Saturday in our club canopy.

Steve Lavoie was planning to bring an American Flag to help decorate our club canopy but due to a health issue Steve has had to cancel.  If anyone has an American Flag they could bring please let me know.  If you are able to bring one you can do a "Respond To All" that you will bring it and others will see you are bringing one and that way we won't have numerous people bringing a flag.

Most of you did respond if you are planning to attend the Pizza Party.  The charge for that will be $6.00 Per Person.  Please see me when you arrive so I can collect your money and get a firm count on that day.  If possible please bring exact change in cash.

Most of you also responded regarding the group dinner.  The charge for this will be $20.00 per person.  I think all of the kids attending are older than 13 but if any of the kids are 13 or younger the charge for them is only $10.00 each.  I am attaching a copy of dinner buffet selections.  This document also tells you everything that will be included in your dinner.  If you wish Adult Beverages with your dinner you can bring them.  Our group dinner will be in the open air food vendor area.  I say open air but you should all be aware this area is under a roof with open area on 3 sides.  Please have exact cash for everyone in your group.

Just a note, in past years people thought they had to select one item from the buffet dinner menu but that is not the case, you can sample everything on the buffet, you are not restricted to just one item.  The past couple years there has been food left over on the buffet table and people have been allowed to go back for seconds.  

On Thursday I will also be collecting money for our Saturday Group Dinner.  I will be giving you a wrist band for everyone in your group who is paid.  You will need to wear your wrist band to the dinner to be served.  The prepaid buffet dinner is the best way for us to handle the buffet dinner.  With the cost of your dinner a tip is included plus nobody has to wait around for their check and wait to pay for their dinner.

When we leave the show field to go to dinner please bring your Carlisle Events Dash Card.  If you are one of the winners you may need to dash card to collect your award.  

After dinner we will return to the hotel where we will have our door prize drawing.  Hopefully there will be enough door prizes for everyone to go home with one.  Following the door prizes we will have our last evening of Bench Racing.  

In case you need to talk live with me during the meet please note my cell  phone number so you can call me live or text me.  My phone number is 412-926-9168

If you have a question that you feel others may want an answer to please Respond To All to this email with your question and I will provide you and everyone else with a Respond To All answer to your question.

As I stated in an earlier email, we will going sometime Thursday to decorate our club canopy.  Anyone wishing to assist will be welcome.  This does not take a very long time to do.  If anyone has anything Monte Carlo, Chevrolet, Knight, Castle or anything like this related and want to bring it please do.  

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

rob
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Montemedic said:

Rob, I have an American flag for the Club tent and will bring it. 

Great!!  Thanks CK

rob

On 6/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

Steve, as I said when we talked live, I am so sorry you won't be able to attend.  Anyone who has had back issues know how debilitating it can be.  It is horrible to not be able to get into a comfortable position.  Every time you think you have found a good position it only lasts a short time and then boom you are in pain again.  The horrible pain is also very exhausting because you are constantly stiffening  muscles as you move to try the shooting pain at a minimum and this is so exhausting because it is like you are constantly doing exercises.  Hopefully the MRI will turn up a path to healing.  Prayers for a path to being more comfortable.

rob

• Sad 1

Next week this time we will be in Carlisle Bench Racing after having our Pizza Party.  So we are less than a week from our Mini-Meet in Carlisle.  After today we are 6 days and a wake-up.  

rob

• Like 3

Let's give us all a hand.  That's right I said A hand, because 1 hand is all you will need after today to continue our countdown.

YES, after today we will only have 5 days and a wake-up till arrival day at our FGMCC GM Nationals Mini Meet!!!

rob

• Like 4

Well I went back to Dr today I have to have another mri done with contrast this time Definitely a pinched nerve could be caused by slipped disc or broken disc so now I gotta wait for that.  I told him I'm not missing the Syracuse nationals come hell or high water, he said should be ok for that then but gotta be careful. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I told him I'm not missing the Syracuse nationals come hell or high water, he said should be ok for that then but gotta be careful. 

Well that's good news, in the whole scheme of things.

• Like 4

The time keeps getting shorter.  After today we will be at 4 days and a wake-up.  Tomorrow morning Patsy and I will load up the stuff I have for the mini meet and head to Carlisle to drop it all off at the hotel to store it in a store room there.  

That way I will have enough room in the Monte to bring the grandkids and their stuff on Thursday. 

It won't be long now!!!

rob

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 2

I remembered the PO either changed the ignition or door locks, so I only had 1 door lock key. Got some copies today since I don't normally lock the Monte 😀

• Like 2

Well my GMC Denali is all packed with things for the Mini-Meet.  Tomorrow Patsy and I will get up early and head to Carlisle to drop this stuff off at the hotel.  We will then head back to Pittsburgh for a Fathers Day Supper if we don't get back too late.

rob

• Like 7

Thanks for making the extra trip to Carlisle for those attending the GM Nationals Mini Meet,to Rob and Patsy. Have a safe uneventful trip to and from. Happy Father’s Day to you too !!! See you on Thursday !

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 1

4 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Its getting real now.........tomorrow I start packing 😀

Pack an umbrella....

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I keep one in the tow truck 🙃 That wasn't exactly the response I wanted 🤣

Me either....just checked the weather though. Hopefully they're wrong,  like usual. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

Its actually better now than it was yesterday. lets cross our fingers and toes for tomm and tues!!

Every time I look it's different. Sunny one minute, thunder storms a few hours later, snow the next day, etc. Like I said to Rob earlier today, we'll see how it looks when we get there Thursday. A couple of years ago the forcast showed gloom and doom, and it was an awesome weekend. 

• Like 3