Well, it's been a while...

Stopped by after many years to see how things are going here. I see a lot of new names, but quite a few old ones as well. Glad to see the first gen Monte crowd is still together.

For those who can't quite remember who I am, maybe this will help:

E1F95D3C-A596-4F04-9CFF-2D81C2AED8AE.jpeg.dc51ff2d159c495bd2ab691f703299af.jpeg

Who's still here from the old days??

Joe

Edited by Joe

Hi Joe, Yes, of course I remember you.  I visited your house many, many years ago when I was sent out to Southern California with my job.  Do you still have your Monte?  If yes, you should re-join, put it on the trailer and head to the Western Meet.  

How have you been?

We have 9 members who will be approaching their 25th consecutive year as a dues paying member.  The FGMCC is going strong.  The Eastern Meet was a few weeks ago in Kentucky, our Carlisle Mini-Meet was last weekend, our Western meet is this coming weekend, Aaron hosted a Mini-Meet a couple weeks ago and CK Collins is hosting a Mini-Meet in Syracuse in a few weeks...... wow, talk about active.

What's new in your life?

Don't be a stranger

rob

• Like 2

Hi Joe!  I've only been here a few months, but this is a great group of folks here.  Beautiful Monte you have there.  There are some really nice ones here.  I agree with Rob, if you still have your Monte, you should come back and join our group again.  I bet you have lots to contribute to this group as far as knowledge of our cars and solutions to problems we come across.  I really enjoy my conversations with this group.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Hi Joe, Yes, of course I remember you.  I visited your house many, many years ago when I was sent out to Southern California with my job.  Do you still have your Monte?  If yes, you should re-join, put it on the trailer and head to the Western Meet.  

How have you been?

We have 9 members who will be approaching their 25th consecutive year as a dues paying member.  The FGMCC is going strong.  The Eastern Meet was a few weeks ago in Kentucky, our Carlisle Mini-Meet was last weekend, our Western meet is this coming weekend, Aaron hosted a Mini-Meet a couple weeks ago and CK Collins is hosting a Mini-Meet in Syracuse in a few weeks...... wow, talk about active.

What's new in your life?

Don't be a stranger

rob

What year was that, Rob? Do you remember what city the house was in? I've moved around since, but think I'll be where I'm at for a while now though. My new wife (well, going on 4 years) and I really like where we are with the exception of having to deal with all of California's ridiculousness.

I still have the Monte, but can't do the Western Meet this year. That's a pretty long drive and we'll be on the Colorado river doing some boating this weekend and all week for the 4th.

Been doing really well. I keep adding to the toy collection and spend a fortune on oil changes, tires, registrations, and (most of all) gas. The large powerboat we bought with twin 1200HP 572s is the latest enemy of my wallet...ha.
Divorced in 2013 and remarried to a significant upgrade in 2020. She's working her way up in her career and I'm doing the same so we're in a pretty good spot.

How are you doing? Looks like you are pretty busy with the club stuff.

I'll hang around and see what I can contribute. Good to see the group is still together keeping the Montes out there as part of the car scene.

I’m still here Joe. Purchased and sold a few Montes over the years. I still have my turquoise 70 Monte and also have a  1971 SS454. I’ve also been coordinating the Western Meets and currently in the middle of a road trip to the one in Utah.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:04 AM, Joe said:

Stopped by after many years to see how things are going here. I see a lot of new names, but quite a few old ones as well. Glad to see the first gen Monte crowd is still together.

For those who can't quite remember who I am, maybe this will help:

E1F95D3C-A596-4F04-9CFF-2D81C2AED8AE.jpeg.dc51ff2d159c495bd2ab691f703299af.jpeg

Who's still here from the old days??

Joe

Nice looking monte