Dennis ?

DragCat

On 8/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, Dtret said:

I see a banana split in their future. Lol. 

Mmmmm that sounds good I may have to go out and get one of them very soon. Back is starting to feel a little better after the procedure I had done this week maybe I can actually get car out and clean it up from after the nationals this weekend. Supposed to rain today but weekend is supposed to be nice.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Wonderful news Steve!!!  What did they do to give you some relief? 

rob

Nerve block for now, going to see how effective that is. They say takes a week or so to fully work we'll see, it does feel a little better but I just had to go to bank and store so we'll see how the rest of the day goes lol.

• Like 2

Sounds like you may be eligible for a procedure I had done a number of years ago.  it is called a rhizotomy.  The definition is below.  In my case they used radio waves to burn the nerve endings.  I had been in a back brace for over 9 years and walked out of the room carrying that brace in my hand and have never worn it again.  Removing the pain allows for a physical therapy exercises to to begin to strengthen areas around where the damage is.  Eventually the nerves will regenerate but by then you have been able to strengthen that area.

Rhizotomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to remove sensation from a painful nerve by killing nerve fibers responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. The nerve fibers can be destroyed by severing them with a surgical instrument or burning them with a chemical or electrical current.

rob

• Like 3