Rodents

Marks71

Does anyone have the magic bullet for these things? I live in a rural area and I’ve got my traps that I check daily. This year has been bad regarding the damage to our vehicles. Mainly our daily drivers. Just this week they chewed the wires to 2 coil packs and 2 sensors on my wife’s car. I keep dryer sheets and Irish spring in the Camaro and the Monte. Although some say it doesn’t work. A friend said Pine Sol. I don’t want my cars smelling like a restroom. Was wondering if anyone has tried those plug ins that supposedly emits a sound that keeps them away. 

I use dryer sheets in the car and my camper, so far so good. I do have the mice problem too but never with the car or camper. I got one in my kitchen just last night, a little early coming In this year, I usually get a few over the winter. I've been told that them ultrasonic devices don't really work but don't know for sure.

I have used dryer sheet.  I also use Moth Balls.  I mostly use the moth balls in my Model A but have used them in my Monte also.  Once removed from the car the odor does not linger very long.  I have never used Irish Spring so I can not say one way or another.  I also put down several of the poison blocks near the garage door.  It is something they eat and go off to die.  As yet I have never had one die inside the car.  

I have never had an issue with the mice liking my Monte but they seem to have loved my Model A because access to the interior is easier go get into.  The moth balls really help here because not only do the mice like the interior, so do the moth's.  Since using both the moth balls and the drier sheets along with the bait traps I have not had any further invasion by the little critters.

rob

• Like 1

So far the Camaro and the Monte have been mouse free so it sounds like from what both of you have said, the dryer sheets may be the ticket and because I have battery disconnects under the hoods of both, I can’t forget to take them out. I have the bait stations and traps in my shop also. I am still hoping maybe someone has had some good experience with the ultrasonics. Having the dryer sheets under the hoods of the drivers might be a little risky for the fear of forgetting to remove them.

Mark i have used dryer sheets for years and had great success (Thank God) but i also spray peppermint around my property once in a while to keep the bigger pests out. Cant put poison around because of the grandkids and dogs. 

However to remind you about the dryer sheets just put the empty box by your shut offs. I forget stuff so often its unbelievable.

Yes, those are similar to what I’m using. I buy the blocks and load the stations. They’re pet and child safe also. I’ve only used them in my shop though which is about 200 feet from the house. 

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Steve, that is what I use.  They work real well

rob

• Like 2

I've been using Irish Spring soap bars for years. It smells good and bar under the seats and in the trunk keeps the mice out.  I also use peppermint oil under the hood … Two or three Qtips soaked and zip tied to a wire will do the job. Looks good too. LOL 

Some cars are more prone than others. If you have wiring made with a soy base wrapping they will love your car. I understand that Honda had that problem and some after market wiring and kits did as well. 

My best insurance is my 5 cats that roam the barn yard. 

Ed C