pic of rad support part # needed

Someone posted a pic of a rad support with the part number. I cant seem to locate my part # on mine as it is very rusty, but that pic will at least let me know where to look???????    Tkx

Thanks Dennis but thats not what i am looking for. Someone not to long ago showed a pic of his rad support that was just painted and it also had a part number. I cant find it in the search, was looking for it about 45 min and gave up.  I wanted to find out where his P/N stamp was so i could start looking for it there.

Being you cant find a P/N does that mean its a 70s thing????

Yes Tom i dont know where to start to look for the P/N as i cant see any numbers through the rust.

Also i have a 350 car with NO rad support and i had a rad support "in stock" want to know if i could use iot for the 350 car?????

29 minutes ago, willie said:

Yes Tom i dont know where to start to look for the P/N as i cant see any numbers through the rust.

Also i have a 350 car with NO rad support and i had a rad support "in stock" want to know if i could use iot for the 350 car?????

Does it have a/c or HD cooling?  Then it should have 4 bolts holding the top rad plate on. 3 bolts and smaller radiator opening for a non-a/c non HD cooling car. 70 has the headlights closer to the radiator than the 71 /2 does. 

• Like 1

Yes it has a/c and yes it has the 4 bolts across the top for the cover plate.  Ok so i will ck tomm if it has the holes for the headlights closer to rad.   So what your saying is the 71 and 72 are the same as long as there are 4 bolts across the top???

50 minutes ago, willie said:

Yes it has a/c and yes it has the 4 bolts across the top for the cover plate.  Ok so i will ck tomm if it has the holes for the headlights closer to rad.   So what your saying is the 71 and 72 are the same as long as there are 4 bolts across the top???

No. Lol. Well almost. The 72 has 2 holes in the radiator support for the turn signal bulb sockets where the 71 does not. Otherwise, yes, you can use the 72 support on a 71 and a 71, if you drill the holes on a 72. The 70, because of the headlight location will not work with the 71 or 72 front sheetmetal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

This is off my 71. It’s backwards because it is stamped from the bottom side. Of to the 72. 

IMG_5978.jpeg

IMG_5979.jpeg

That's the tie bar Dennis, not the support. But, that is 71/72 specific also. Lol

• Like 1

I honestly don’t think they are all stamped. I picked up a core support for the 70 chevelle and it had a number on it. Both my brothers said they have never seen that before. And they have rebuilt a bunch of chevelles. 

55 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

No. Lol. Well almost. The 72 has 2 holes in the radiator support for the turn signal bulb sockets where the 71 does not. Otherwise, yes, you can use the 72 support on a 71 and a 71, if you drill the holes on a 72. The 70, because of the headlight location will not work with the 71 or 72 front sheetmetal. 

Thats the ticket of what i need Tom!!!  I have to check for those extra holes tomm!!! I knew there was a difference just had to find it. 

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

It’s not in the same place in the 72 and, you know I’d do anything for you,  but I’m not tearing the core support out to find it. Lol. 

I am now thinking i dont really need the number, just need to know the differences between them, so i know what i have and if i can use it on this 350 car???

I will even check my 72 to see what they are if i can.  Dennis you know i wouldn't even think of having you take anything apart, pics yea but not dismantling anything is a strong NOPE!!!

Thank you Tom and Dennis for this info!!

• You're Welcome 1

Hey Willie hopefully this may help 72 has an extra hole on the driver's side behind the front marker light ,the 71 does not. The first pic is of a 71and the second is from a 72.both are taken from inside the engine compartment looking out towards the front of the car.

KIMG0379.JPG

KIMG0385.JPG

• Like 2

Again Tkx guys, Tom yes the second pic is what i have its for a 72!!!!  

Glen great song, but for some reason i cant get the banana boy singing his heart out of my head now, Tkx alot!!!

• You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 2

i also have  72 for the past 43 years and never new there were number there,,and just took the picture of the numbers on the core support ,they are clear as day , but what are these numbers they appear to be upside down and running backwards any help would be greatly appreciated ,roger

• 3 weeks later...