Steering column

I’m looking for a true 4 speed tilt column for my 70 chevelle. If you have them you don’t need them for Monte’s. lol. I recently found out the one in my car is from a Camaro and my brother wants it. So I’m giving it to him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I’m looking for a true 4 speed tilt column for my 70 chevelle. If you have them you don’t need them for Monte’s. lol. I recently found out the one in my car is from a Camaro and my brother wants it. So I’m giving it to him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I got 2 of 'em... and you ain't gettin' either.

• Haha 3

You can make a column shift tilt into a console/4speed column. The lower bowl is now sold new. 

This was a column shifted tilt that I converted to console/4speed tilt. 

PXL_20220724_005627159.jpg

PXL_20220807_191101276.jpg

• Like 9

Technically yes but on the 4 speed the lock rod arm is straight and about an 1 1/2 long. I’ve done the conversion above twice for automatics. If I’m going to purchase one it needs to be correct for the car. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

Technically yes but on the 4 speed the lock rod arm is straight and about an 1 1/2 long. I’ve done the conversion above twice for automatics. If I’m going to purchase one it needs to be correct for the car. 

Dennis is trying to avoid any Alterations from Factory Correct.

rob 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dtret said:

For some reason, it just came to me (probably because I can’t think of anything irrelevant at the moment with which to muddy this thread).

For what it’s worth… that guy out in a suburb not too far from me where I went to pick up that steering wheel for you also had an assortment of columns if I recall correctly. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glen said:

For some reason, it just came to me (probably because I can’t think of anything irrelevant at the moment with which to muddy this thread).

For what it’s worth… that guy out in a suburb not too far from me where I went to pick up that steering wheel for you also had an assortment of columns if I recall correctly. 

Glenn you and i both know Dennis has his inventory on some kind of data based system!  He knows exactly what he has down to washers and cotter pins!!    lol

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, willie said:

Glenn you and i both know Dennis has his inventory on some kind of data based system!  He knows exactly what he has down to washers and cotter pins!!    lol

O that is so far from the truth. I couldn’t tell you what I got yesterday, but I can tell you what I got today. But next week I’ll never be able to find it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis is trying to avoid any Alterations from Factory Correct.

rob 

No don’t care about that. lol. But if I’m going to purchase something it will be correct for the application or I’ll make something work. Like the previous owner did. lol. 😂 

• Like 3