Big Block driveshaft yoke for TH400 with damper/balancer

1 hour ago, Denny said:

I have one for my 70 ss ,planning on using it.Can you tell how to know weather they are good or not?

First of all make sure it’s not beat up. The shaft should be clean and no grooves, check the inner splines on the shaft to make sure they slide in your transmission easy ( it moves in and out as your driving and hitting bumps in the road) and look at the ujoint holes 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Denny said:

thanks good info,I should have clarified was also wanting to verify the condition of the dampener

That goes without saying. Part of the assembly. 

Hey Grant, i am pretty sure we had this conversation in another tread. That dampener was not on my SSs but it was on my 350 car. I think Dennis will chime in as i think the conversation was with him!!

Was on Barn Find. Not anymore. Don't remember with Big Red. Is on Covid, a 350 trans car and is on Kevin's 71 SS. And just checked my pics, my 71 402 4speed does not have it. I don't believe any 4speed Monte Carlo has one. 

I don't remember if we ever came to a conclusion in the last tread, but i remember there were no rhyme or reason what cars had them or didn't!