vacuum canister bracket

I have one all blasted and painted if interested I’ll find it and send u a picture 

1 hour ago, TommyLCoulter said:

I am looking for a vacuum canister bracket for a 1970 mc. Does anyone have one they could part with?

Are you referring to the air ride canister  or the vacuum one that mounts on the Air Conditioning plentum?

No the bracket for the emissions vacuum canister that lines go to to carb and store fuel fumes is what I thought he means. 
I do still have other parts just health gets in the way. 

Sounds to me like it’s the one, as Rob said that mounts to the.AC plenum and not that carbon canister mounted on the drivers side next to the radiator.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

Sounds to me like it’s the one, as Rob said that mounts to the.AC plenum and not that carbon canister mounted on the drivers side next to the radiator.

That's what I thought but I just thought that was a vacuum storage and did not have anything to do with fuel fumes.

rob

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

That's what I thought but I just thought that was a vacuum storage and did not have anything to do with fuel fumes.

rob

Exactly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mon-tss said:

I don't think 70 used that cannister unless you have a California emissions car 

I wasn’t aware of that. Did all the 71s have them? Mines a Kansas City build and it has one.

Picture from my 71 350 4bbl Monte. Lots of  small hoses attached to all thisIMG_0644.thumb.JPG.94361a7618711aafc3a4d668ee0529c4.JPG

3 more pics of the evap system on my 71:

This was leaking vacuum (see the damage) so I replaced the entire canister many years ago.

This small blue restrictor was inside one of the small hoses, shown on the diagram below. I almost threw that restrictor out the day I replaced all the small hoses.

IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.da127bdf5bd1925d38ad24ed68b1c4c4.JPGIMG_0371-001(1).thumb.JPG.f87cbe14a8829d9947d7ca3146a167a7.JPGIMG_0374-001.thumb.JPG.a5cf4e65687b1be1b37249999e4ca08f.JPG 

• Like 1

I will ck my parts cars for you but they are 71 and 72 Tom. Not sure they will be there.  I will let you know tomm!!

1 hour ago, willie said:

I will ck my parts cars for you but they are 71 and 72 Tom. Not sure they will be there.  I will let you know tomm!!

I agree Willie.  I don't know if I have seen many, if any 71/72's with that type of vacuum cannisters.  I have seen some 70 Monte's with the plastic ones.  I think it is kind of funny when I look at mine.  It almost looks like a they had some coffee cans laying around and decided to do an original "recycle" alteration.

rob

12 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’ve never seen that.  School me. I need more pictures. Where exactly does it go. 

Dennis, it mounts on the air conditioning plenum, between the planum and the passenger side valve cover but slightly higher than the valve cover.  It is either black plastic on a 71 and 72 but looks like a sealed coffee can on most 70 Monte's.  I will see if I can find one in a picture.

rob

Here you go Dennis:  you can see it between the air cleaner and AC plenum painted simi gloss black.   I am not sure where it mounts on a Non/AC car.

image.jpeg.519719465a78348bbf48610338688cd5.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I am not sure where it mounts on a Non/AC car.

Non-A/C car just use the mechanical cables for heater/vent control, not vacuum doors.