new member S.MAUG

S.Maug

Just getting used to using the member site everyone. hello and may I give you all a fine bunch of monte carlo's everyone has. I admit my two are treated so admiringly by myself it's almost kills me to drive them.  guess just worried about crazy drivers these days.  bugs and rock chips too!  I mostly just polish polish and more polishing.  Should anyone come across a fair driver and arn't interested in it for yourselves  I would be.  would consider any of our 3 years.  After joining and seeing member rides and project rides I'm going to divest myself of my collection of non first gen vehicles and be specifically first gen, should have been finding and doing that the last 40 plus years. wasted alot of time and money when i realize my heart is first gen to the bone.   Again everyone you all have some beautiful gems and i'm very proud to be part of something again.  thank you

• Like 6

Great to have you on board. Glad you already were able to find some needed and hard to find parts for your Monte. I’ve only been a member for 9 months and I’m on this site every day. Definitely one of my best investments.

• Like 2

thank you,   marks71, canuck, and montemedic!  just finished a ride in bloo 402.  that's the name of my florida 70, 402 gem.  my illinois gem is called sin city.I did see another first gen 71 here in eustis florida.  couldn't catch up with her. also to management, thank you. I recieved my welcome letter, two clubcar stickers, andclub business cards. I have seen two first gen down here, am trying to contact them to possibly recruit them if they're not already first gen members.  going to attempt clock replacement this weekend. finally recieved one from opgi.  took 6 months, ugh.  just like rob said!, still waiting for my mothers chrome polish and tire dressing. know I can get locally, but figured i'd just add to my order. not a great idea. not bashing them ok.  I only ordered them last october!. right!.    They did return my money on the bent rim that i recieved from them.  i have got some good stuff from SS 396 company.  great service and as first gen monte's and third gen chevelles are very similar.  They were lifesavers.  I also talked to fellow member overdrive last night. great guy!  he's put me on the list for a set of compressor brackets for my illinois 70 SS sin city, I have been looking for those parts for 40 years. true story, my fellow members you are a godsend to me thank you.  I am always here for conversation, congratulations on our newly retired members. Also a question before I get out, as i'm in eustis florida if there are any members that would suggest a shop to perform some engine upgrades on my70 402. As I cannot properly use my hands these days with my severe neuropathy. I have tried shops within a 2 hour drive but to no avail. I was looking for cam upgrade, possible torque converter and rear gear upgrade.  want more tire fryer than anything. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  ok! to all my first gen buddies I bid you a great day and great weekend!

• Like 1

There is a guy in Florida that has a shop and is no stranger to modifications.  Not sure where his shop is and maybe to far from you. He is a member his name is Andy and his shop is Andy's auto service. Comes on boards once in a while. 

• Like 2

thank you cny first gen 71.  I will try .and locate Andy's auto service  i've found one listing in St. Cloud florida.  about1hour away . as far as I can tell. I'll investigate and let you know. again thanks buddy

just to let everybody know. i'm not ignoring replies.  but I can see upper right hnd corner a letter and a bell symbol and a number like a 1 or a 2. when I try to look at what has been I would think was sent for me as a  reply, I am not smart enough to find message. and if by pure luck i do,i try to respond asap. sometimes i just cannot manage it. I was a fantastic auto tech but NEVER was able to savy computer navigation.  sorry for as i was called quite lovingly by my peers a Neanderthal. I resemble and do not dispute that fact. ha ha!!!

• Like 2

hello everyone steve here. i'm able to get here but unable to see new messages. i'm doing something wrong.  I won't  bother wasting your time. thought this would be easier.  I will continue to be a member but won't be able to communicate with you all. I was just starting to enjoy it .  your friend steve lascody

One way to acknowledge someone’s response is to click the heart on the lower right and choose one of the comments and click on it. I apologize for suggesting something you may already know but it took me a little while to figure it out. I’m also a bit of a Neanderthal.

Hey Steve, i have been here 15 plus years and still learn something from here everyday!!!   Like Mark said if you want to acknowledge someone's response you click on the heart on the lower right.

If you look up at the bell and there is a number there, someone else liked what you stated and it shows who when you click the bell.

The envelope on the right side of the bell is s Private Message (PM), that will show a number also, just click on the envelope and the person that sent you the PM would be there, just click on his name and read his message. You can answer him right there and then send it back to him as a PM.

Like i said i have been here awhile just ask away we are all here to help!!!!!

right on thank you Marks71 and willie  that helps alot                   thanks guys

• Like 1

When you say you are not able to see NEW messages I am not sure if you are talking about a Private Message someone has left for you or messages in the open boards, please try to be more specific.

Maybe this will help also.

When you go onto the club website.  From the main page, when you click "Forums" it will take you to all of the available forums.  Then you look down the line of forums, if there are any new posts in that forum it will show in BOLDER LETTERS the two little quote bubbles to the left of the forum identification will also be in heavy black rather than shadow gray

Once you go into one of the forums with the bold lettered forum, any of the topics in that forum that has a new comment to a post will have a heavy black dot or star indicating someone has responded to a post or it is a new topic.

If you read a particular post that you would like to respond to you can click on the (+Quote under that post and the system will populate that persons post with an area where you can type your reply.

It is a learning process, you will catch on.

rob

I checked his profile preferences earlier, it's set to 'take me to content I haven't read yet'.  It's set the same as mine, meaning it takes you to new posts.