2010 Eastern Meet

Monteman1971

Hope all had a good time at the Eastern Meet this year, wish I could have been there.

I just heard that next years GM at Carlisle was going to be featuring the Monte Carlo. I spoke with Tommy the President of the NY Monte Carlo club (their a chapter of the National Monte Club). And they all plan on going to show support. So this is just a heads-up that maybe we should have the Eastern Meet at the same time there.

I've PM'd Andreas to let him know as well.

Steve

Steve,

it seems that Carlisle will be in direct competition with the Monte Carlo Nationals (NMCOA) on the same weekend...

Since we are good friends with the NMCOA, we usually try to avoid the last weekend in June. Many of our members are NMCOA members as well. Super Chevy in Norwalk, OH should be middle of June or middle of July. Also, we have never been in Ohio and Carlisle would be twice in PA in three years...

We can have our own celebration of 25 years of Montes...

i was just at summit motorsports raceway this past weekend for the pontiac nationals.

great track lots of room.

cant wait till next years meet

summit owns norwalk now.

alot of fun.

maybe i will bring all 3 if i still have them all next year.

bob

Ohio is kind of far for the NY crew.....

I wouldn't think Long Island itself would be a good place for the meet. It's too difficult to get on the Island, to far East and there's no "National" type shows held here. Besides we meet here a lot of weekends already...had 6 of us at our Saturday cruise night plus the NY Monte club as well.

I believe that this year (2009) was the ElCamino at Carlisle.

Are we going to "poll" for where to have the meet?

Steve

We can not do a poll for the meet since we have to correlate the meet location suggestions with the actual organization of the meet, which is a completly separate issue, discussed amongst the board of directors. And also taking into account all the boundary conditions (such as other events at the same time, how many members in a specific area, past locations of the meets, etc.)... If we decide through a poll, guess what, the meet would likely always be in the same area...

What people always forget is that it is really easy to say 'we should have a meet here and there', but actually ORGANIZING a meet in a certain location is a completely different story. Norwalk fits the bill for next year, we have all the resources in place to organize the meet there...

Besides we meet here a lot of weekends already...had 6 of us at our Saturday cruise night plus the NY Monte club as well.

Now THAT is really cool. And maybe there could be a FGMCC 'Mini-Meet' in the future in that area if anyone steps up to organize it?

We can not do a poll for the meet since we have to correlate the meet location suggestions with the actual organization of the meet, which is a completly separate issue, discussed amongst the board of directors. And also taking into account all the boundary conditions (such as other events at the same time, how many members in a specific area, past locations of the meets, etc.)... If we decide through a poll, guess what, the meet would likely always be in the same area...

What people always forget is that it is really easy to say 'we should have a meet here and there', but actually ORGANIZING a meet in a certain location is a completely different story. Norwalk fits the bill for next year, we have all the resources in place to organize the meet there...

Well said Andreas. As much as I would like the meet in Dinwiidie/Richmond VA (Super Chevy), I am not really willing to organize the thing. Alot of work involved and I for one appreciate the work that many put in every year to put on fantastic meets. Ohio works for me, great choice. - Dave

I just Mapquest Norwalk....it says 9 hours and 20 minutes...that's not sounding too bad.....

I'm with you Dave, I appreciate all the hard work that goes into setting up the meet but still like to stick my 2 cents in here and there smile

Steve, I meant no offense to you. I totally understand where you are coming from. I missed you guys this year and hope some how you can be there next year. I am located in a good spot I guess. It was 6 hours this year and will be a 6 hour drive next year. I guess it could be worse. Some day I would like to see 50 montes at the meet.

Well the good thing is you can attend both Carlisle AND the FGMCC Eastern Meet, since we hope they are not on the same weekend (to be confirmed)! yay

If you are a NMCOA member you have to choose... cry

Originally Posted By: Monteman1971
I just Mapquest Norwalk....it says 9 hours and 20 minutes...that's not sounding too bad.....

Mine came back 35 hours 27 minutes...thats not bad either... grin

Chris

Yeah Chris come on down! lol

Ohio says 638 miles for me to Norwalk, close to the amount at Indy.

Im actually excited that we are going to have the meet in ohio

Jake's 1st post yayshifterbandkickingwelcomewelcomewelcome

It was really great to meet you and your Dad. Awesome harmonica player and great entertainer. Watch out for flying ice (inside joke). Are you counting the days before your old enough to drive the Monte, and are you going to get your own???

Carl

Originally Posted By: J.C Friel
Im actually excited that we are going to have the meet in ohio

Jake's 1st post yayshifterbandkickingwelcomewelcomewelcome

It was really great to meet you and your Dad. Awesome harmonica player and great entertainer. Watch out for flying ice (inside joke). Are you counting the days before your old enough to drive the Monte, and are you going to get your own???

Carl

it will groovy hanging out with you guys again [thats you to carl] rofl