My first post.

TommyP

I hope that you guys have room for another Monte Carlo ( I have a 1971) guy on this fourm. I heard about this site from dbreese when I met him a week or so ago while he was doing the Hot Rod Dragweek. I’ve been reading a lot of your old posts and finally got registered to post today. The posts that I’ve read so far don’t include some of the mean spirted responses that you get on some boards. I’ll have to post some pictures of my car when I figure out how to. Tom

Hey welcome Tom!!! Dave's a cool guy with a fast Monte, glad he convinced you to look us over. It's a great group, oh we get pissy sometimes but I don't think we get mean. I've got to know some great people and you will too. Post whatever questions you have and you'll get help, opinions, jokes, ideas and sometimes we're no help at all... lol

If you're not get set up on something like Photobucket (I would suggest that, they make it easy) and you can post pictures and vid's from there. welcome..Dave and Patricia (Red)..

Hey Tom,

Glad ya posted up. This is really like a big family and your right about the way people conduct themselves here and treat each other with respect. I tell ya what guys Tom's Monte is beautiful and it is not green but a very cool blue. Very well done not to mention it sounds quite nasty!! Good to have you aboard. Now get those pictures posted!

Take care,

David

welcome Aboard Tom, stay away from the shady characters. I won't mention the color cars they own. lol Or their first names.

i'm not worried.. you'd have to try and decide what color to call my car first!! LOL

Welcome Tom

This is a great forum for us Monte plp. I've received so much information and advice here with my Monte. They are a great group of people. Not like some of the boards. I go to a F-Body site sometimes and those people really get nasty at times. You will enjoy your time here and keep coming back. It's always nice for pictures.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! I’m excited to finally be able to post. I have an Avatar and a signature picture now (Wha - Hoo) so I’m making some progress even though It’s still going slowly. Thank goodness for photo bucket.

Does it work better if I post pictures on here or put links on here to get to the pictures? Just thought I’d ask. Don’t want to start out on the wrong foot.

Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! I’m excited to finally be able to post. I have an Avatar and a signature picture now (Wha - Hoo) so I’m making some progress even though It’s still going slowly. Thank goodness for photo bucket.

Does it work better if I post pictures on here or put links on here to get to the pictures? Just thought I’d ask. Don’t want to start out on the wrong foot.

Tom

you can do it either way Tom, In my sig I have a link to all my pic's but for postings I usually, no, always just post the pic's...Photobucket makes it easy. If you're going to post a video post it like you do a pic and it will take you to Photobucket (there's a sample in my PSCA post under General)....Dave grin....now....your car looks fantastic....where there's smoke there's questions, tell us about the setup and track numbers please....we're very nosey.....

I started with a stock, rust colored with white top and interior car about 20 yrs ago. With a "I don't even want to know" amount of money spent and a lot of work I think that it's starting to come around. The funny thing is I can easily think of a bunch of things that I still want to do to it. It has a 383, 350 trans,and 4.10 gears. I've been to the track twice with it and it's run 12:70s at around 107mph.I also have a NOS kit on the car that I think should bring the ET's down into the 11's. I have tried it on the street and it does put a smile on your face. Below is a picture of me running at the Pinks All Out at my home track, Martin Dragway this summer. You can kind of see Rich doing the hand start in the left corner. I didn't make the 32 car feild but it was a lot of fun anyway. Tom IMGP1000.jpg

Welcome and nice car.We always have room for Mi. people.

As far as shady people,I've been giving it a lot of thought and cant come up with anybody.As far as color,everybody here just loves GREEN,you'll see cuz everybody is always talking about it.lol

Hey everyone.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I‘ve been looking at the pictures of your cars as well and I am very impressed with you Montes. I really like cars that are street drivable and that seems to be what you guys have.

I’ll try to answer some of your questions.

My hood is a VFN fiberglass brand bolt-on hood. It uses the original hinges (with special springs) and factory latch. Their factory is in Chicago so I just drove over there on a Saturday to pick it up. The company is rather small and located in an industrial park. As soon as you walk in the place you notice the incredible fumes, probably not the nicest place to work. But the hood is of pretty good quality and I think that I paid around $400 for it.

To get to even run time trials for Pinks All Out is pretty hard. They took the first 400 entries at 8am on a certain day in December 2008 for the race that was in July 2009. My wife was the one that signed me up. She started trying to get on the site about 5 minutes before the starting time and luckily was able to get connected after several tries. Luckily I say because all 400 spots were full within about 3 minutes. I think that they said at the race that they had thousands of people trying to get in. They then had a special race at Martin earlier in the summer for the last 40 spots. Your car has to run at least in the 12’s to enter. Unfortunately they don’t pick the slower cars very often and Martin was no exception. They ended up picking cars that ran in the 10.50 range for the actual show. It was really cool though and a lot of fun. The episode airs for the first time tonight.

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom, could you maybe PM me when you have time and explain the "getting in" process is more detail. My wife races as well and we would both love to do that.

Steve, a few weeks back they did have a final group of 32 that were around 11.50 so once in a while they hit closer to home...Dave grin