door hinges

Sam (Bones)

Yep, about 23 years ago. I think I filed off the wings that keep the pins from falling out, then removed the pins and bushings and replaced them. I think I even still have a new pin I never used. Chevy dealer parts back then.

Bruce

I didnt do the nylon ones, and now my drivers door doesnt stay open all that well.

I did my brass ones in one door when they were out, dont ask me why I didnt do the other...... cause its just starting to sag slightly mad I dont know what I was thinking?

The hinges without the rollers are easy and they sell a kit that comes with bushings and new pins.

The rollers are a little harder but they do sell the new rod with the roller attached. Getting the old one out is straight forward just like the upper hinge but I like to put a spot weld on them at the bottom to make sure they stay secured.

Steve

that would be me that made the videos i replace the nylon bushing with a brass bushing and pressed it into place with a vice and to bits of sheet metal to prevent marring.

here are the videos

www.firstgenmc.com/doorhinge/MVC_002V.MPG

www.firstgenmc.com/doorhinge/MVC_001b.MPG

www.firstgenmc.com/doorhinge/MVC_001V.MPG

www.firstgenmc.com/doorhinge/MVC_002.MPG

www.firstgenmc.com/doorhinge/MVC_001.MPG

alex

I used the kit that requires the removal of the old roller and then to install the new roller, one must drill, tap the hole, and screw in the new post and roller. Worked like a charm. Did this for the el camino and will soon do it to the Monte. - Dave