2011 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs
Bummer, that sucks right before the meet..I'm sure you got plenty of other stuff needing your attention. grin Cameron, I never knew you had a 58 Impala?

She is a beauty...

Mae2.jpg

Mae1.jpg

I always loved that car.. so sorry I ever got rid of mine.. a young "MO" circa 1980.. lol Crappy photos..

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs
Bummer, that sucks right before the meet..I'm sure you got plenty of other stuff needing your attention. grin Cameron, I never knew you had a 58 Impala?

She is a beauty...

Mae2.jpg

Mae1.jpg

If I remember correctly, the 58 has been in the family since new?

I got an eyefull when I visited Cameron a few years ago. Very nice garage/shop and the toys parked in it aren't bad either.

If I remember correctly, the 58 has been in the family since new?

I got an eyefull when I visited Cameron a few years ago. Very nice garage/shop and the toys parked in it aren't bad either.

Yes, my great grandma bought it new in 1958...I am so jealous of his garage/shop space! I'm glad i'm his son though, I get to use it on occasion! smile

beautiful car..indeed. Mine had a 348 with a 4bbl, that car moved for its weight. Although it had a touchy driveline with that center support, boy it kept eating those. When dialed-in you couldn't fine a more comfortable ride. We'll maybe A Cadillac or Buick.. grin

Grandma bought the 58 new at Cerritos Chevrolet and it stayed in Garden Grove until she pasted away. She always said the car would be mine some day. When she pasted away my aunt said we all know who gets the 58, I drove it to Reno after the funeral. That was 1980. Cameron

Grandma bought a beautiful car..their value has skyrocketed through the years.. a true piece of Americana. My favorite section of its glamor, and yet the car has many, specially the package tray. The rear seat speaker, armrest support, and just the whole rear seat area was ahead of its time. "A true Classic" perhaps someday, when in the area, I'd like to see it in person.. whistle

58pala_rearseat.jpg

The weather for the meet is looking good so far. The forecast is dry with tempuratures in the low to mid 90s (mid 30s Celcius). most days. Sunday is supposed to get above 100 but we'll see if the forecast changes.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=weather&placecode=usid0025&switchto=f

Thanks for the weather update.

Sounds like a real good test for my new radiator Aaron. I'm crossing my fingers it performs up to my expectation. So far, the only downer is I have not gotten the A/C serviced yet! shock

Am definately getting this done before Summer is over. It is the last thing left on my MUST HAVE DONE list.

See ya in 5 more days.

Doug

I like the weather forecast!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone thinking of doing the Country Cruise on Friday morning? Leaves our hotel at 10:00

They are asking that we email them if we are thinking of going.

Vaughn

Probably needs some discussion Vaughn,

Not sure what if anything else is planned as far as our Group goes during that time. I would be interested if it does'nt impact any other events. I skimmed the news letter RPM sent but will have to revisit it and see what that schedule was.

Doug

This was tentatively sched for Friday. Not sure if all the hangovers will be done by that time, but I would be interested if it doesn't impact anything else either. I want to drive around the speedway too if thats possible and get the morning cruise in.

I thought we would all do the Country Cruise (those who are already in town at least). We have nothing else planned for Friday other than what is on schedule for the Northwest Motorfest. smile

As for A/C, my 70 does not have it either. I just put all 4 windows down and get the car moving and I'm fine.

I'm with ya there Aaron,

Figured if I could make the 104 degree 2010 Meet and survive the heat, this time should be a breeze! (No pun intended) kicking

Okay, that settles it, I am up for the Friday Cruise and will confirm intent.

Doug cool

The Country Side Cruise looks like it will be a relaxing drive and should offer some nice photo opportunities. I will say this... I am not leading the cruise.

I beleive the cruise leaves from our hotel so it will be really convenient to join in.

For anyone who is not bringing their car to the show, you will be able to ride along with another member. smile

Sounds good then. Country Cruise for my family.

How about my A/C hose just let go in the Monte. Grrrrr and no time to get it fixed. Lots of little things going sideways. Getting me nervous eek.

Triple Black car with a 502 that likes to run hot. This will be fun.

I guess I'll have to do what everyone else does. Just roll down the windows and cruise!! cool

I guess I'll have to do what everyone else does. Just roll down the windows and cruise!! cool

I am sincerely hoping there is decent cruising speed, and not idling around in 100+ degrees so that it doesn't turn into.

"Roll down the windows, TURN ON THE HEATER, and cruise!" laugh

Spent about 4 hours today prepping the car for the meet (wash / wax / etc), so I just will have to do some minor work on arrival.

I discovered about 1/4 inch of dried on road grime and Oregon-mud up in the rear wheel wells above the tires. Previous owner must've lived on dirt roads here in Oregon. Came right off with some brush work, Simple Green and the Hose... thankfully he had a good under-treatment, there was no soft spots.

Of course I was right underneath so I ended up with all of it in my hair, face etc... but it is cleaned up for the drive out now!

After the monte was done, I gave the Volvo the same treatment (minus the wheel well work)... 2 hours there.

6 hours total today for both cars... but I am glad I did it. People kept stopping their cars in the road to check out the Monte when I had it parked in the shade on my lawn for waxing... one guy almost got rear-ended.

Here are some pics of the kids:

web.jpg

Took this shot at "magic hour" when the suns colors are best:

web.jpg

Not a monte, but still special to us. The Volvo C30 R-Design, AKA: "Jellybean"...

web.jpg