2011 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

Just talked with Pat and he has hit a Deer with his truck. So it is out of commission. Instead of trailering the Monte he is going to work on it today and see if he can get it ready to drive it. It's a long drive (I'm guessing a 1000 miles one way for him)

Our departure plans will probably now change. I hope he can get "her" ready for the meet.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a fair amount of distance, but it will make for one heck of a fun trip in a classic car.

Honestly, in my mind traveling that distance with a trailer would be far more frustrating.

Best of luck! Hope everyone makes it safe and sound.

Ohh no, trailering the car that distance is much easier.. The white knuckle of hearing every little road noise, wondering if your car is gonna make it is much worse.. I know if it is put together right should not need to worry, but 40 yo parts are still 40yo parts..

We are leaving Walla Walla on Thurs for Boise. No Monte this year. Rear suspension issue. I will probably see the members on Saturday morning. Visiting my Mother and youngest sister over the weekend. Everyone have a safe trip.

Hey Vaughn,

Rotten luck! Keep us posted on your ETA.

I was getting out of car yesturday and inside door handle came off. It's always something isn't it! Will put it back on tomorrow. (I hope) it doesn't turn into a bigger issue but won't prevent me from making the trip regardless.

See you in Boise cool

Doug

Yes Doug it always is, but we must love it to keep hanging on to the Monte's. wink

Royce, glad that you are going to stop in and say Hello. Are you bringing the Shelby?

Pat and Gene are going to drive the 1970 Monte so we are off tomorrow morning at 9:30 MT. A little later than we wanted but at least we are leaving. Going to meet up with Roy/Sue & Pat/Jean and head out like a heard of Turtles.

Going to try and meet up with Rodney Thursday morning in South Montana.

Drive safe everyone and hope to see you all on Thursday.

Vaughn

Herd of turtles? We'll have to tell Roy to watch out for that...

lol

They just dart out in front of the car so quickly... grin

Roy actually hit a turtle in his Monte coming to the meet last year. I think it was in Montana.

Woo Hoo!, the dy is finally here to leave for the Western Meet. Drive safe everyone and I'll see you soon!

band

Roy actually hit a turtle in his Monte coming to the meet last year. I think it was in Montana.
The only thing I remember hitting last year was 80+ MPH following you, Jake & Chris up I-84 to The Dalles! lol

Hooking up with Matt here in Portland in AM and meeting up with Northern Group outside of Hermiston, Oregon. From there, "Boise or Bust! Should roll into Boise I'm guessing around 6:00 / 6:30 PM. Just in time for a ice cold beer and then the band really gets rockin shock

See you all there & drive safely everybody......... fgmcc

Doug

I did not know 2 tickets came with the registration, so I should have an extra ticket before anybody spends money on a ticket at the show.

See you in Ellensburg, and then Hermiston

I had a nice 5 hour cruise today and I am now in Ellensburg, WA for the night. It was a warm drive though.

Well, my '70 MCSS won't be delivered in time for the Western Nats cry The transporter had mechanical troubles and the expected delivery day is now Friday am. I'm going to delay my departure to be here for delivery and head to Boise on Saturday am. Because of the short turnaround time, I'm not going to bring the MCSS. At least I'll get a chance to meet other members and see/photograph the collection of cars. Still looking forward to the show, just not AS excited frown

Well that's a bummer Jay. I'm glad to hear you can still make it to the show. See you on Saturday. smile

I had a nice 5 hour cruise today and I am now in Ellensburg, WA for the night. It was a warm drive though.
You have a safe trip. No reason to rush..have a good time. Wish I were going but timing not right, perhaps next time. Must be nice to have internet access on the-go. lol

I sure wish I could have made it this year. Everyone drive safe and have some extra fun for me. wink Next year I don't care if the Western Meet is on the moon I'm going!!! grin Have a great time, take lots of pics!! cool

Next year I don't care if the Western Meet is on the moon I'm going!!!

Now you spoiled the surprise...

Originally Posted By: Montecruiser
Next year I don't care if the Western Meet is on the moon I'm going!!!

Now you spoiled the surprise...

Sorry buddy, it slipped out. whistle "Montes on the Moon" It has a nice ring to it! cool See ya there! grin