Guess the HP Game!!

dbreese

Ok ya'll. Had to reschedule my dyno time. Instead of Monday it will be Tuesday the 14th. Should have it up and running around 5:00 pm. I'll post the results and vids the next day. Sorry for making ya'll wait. Keep the guesses coming! grin

David

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small block, eh? I'll go 355 hp and 395 torque. Prove me wrong both you damnn Daveys.

Andy

Now dats a funny post Andy!! lol I'll try to make the s/b crowd proud.

Thanks for posting,

David

Originally Posted By: Andy's Auto
Small block, eh? I'll go 355 hp and 395 torque. Prove me wrong both you damnn Daveys.

Andy

Now dats a funny post Andy!! lol I'll try to make the s/b crowd proud.

Thanks for posting,

David

Sane Smallblock Davey, I actually love the cam you choice. As long as the convertor matches as it should you should have a very low 11 second car. I watched Winston Wolfs build and was truly impressed. The only 11 second Monte I have is my 71 and that needs a 175 shot to get there. Truly a mild 496 but I left a TON on the table with that one. But the air is cold and the brakes are awesome without a can.

Hey Andy,

That is one of the reasons I'm putting it on the dyno so I can get hp/tq curves to send to the guys at Coan Converters. In speaking with Craig @ Coan he said that they can get the conveter restall spot on with the dyno results.

Oh yea as far as being sane.....some would debate that!!! lol

Take care,

David

Ok ya'll. Had to reschedule my dyno time. Instead of Monday it will be Tuesday the 14th. Should have it up and running around 5:00 pm. I'll post the results and vids the next day. Sorry for making ya'll wait. Keep the guesses coming! grin

David

Ok.... pushed back one more day to Wed the 15th. I have a case that I have to present to a federal grand jury on the 14th. Sex offender that we are prosecuting under the Adam Walsh Act. Sorry guys!

David

Ok it is late and I'm exhausted. The winner is.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Mike 57!!!! yay His guess was closest to the number the mouse made. Mikes guess was 576 hp. Well the mill cranked out a peak 574.1 hp at 6500 rpm As a side note peak tq was 520.8 at 5100 rpm The cool thing was that avg tq from the best pull 4500 to 6700 was 503 ft/bs. I'll have to scan and post the number sheets tomorrow as well as post up the video.

Congrats to Mike and thanks to all who played.

David

WooHoo. Take that all you small block haters gringrin Man, I was so close. Only 6 hp away. Awesome David, now get that car done and install that puppy.

Leave it to Mike to get it right whistle . I'm started to think all the guys are right,... you are the man grin. - Dave

Ok I was a little hazy last night when I posted the avg tq numbers for the pull. I crunched the numbers from 4500-6700(where the pull data began recording) and came up with 497.05 ft/lbs. Avg hp for the same rpm band was 527.94. This was the last and best pull. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not quite sure what the sheet means when the pull from 4500-4800 is called " Avg data in band" and came up with 503.2 ft/lbs of tq and 445.68 hp. Maybe someone who is a little more knowledgeable about dyno speak could explain.

Anywho Mike is still the winner!! I have to leave now and drive my sister and her boyfriend to Atlanta to catch a flight to Alaska. I'll try to post up the dyno sheets and vids when I get back.

David

Awesome Dave! 574HP is not too shabby! lol I wish you could've squeezed that extra 26hp out of her though! And on top of that, you didn't have to spin it very high either, simply awesome.

Now, are we going to have a "What do you think she will run" thread? lol

Wow, Great Job David. If your worried about breaking parts with all that power that you now have I would be willing to trade engines with you so that you don't have to stress about it....Just trying to help out.