Guess the HP Game!!

dbreese

Ok guys and gals. I have scheduled some engine dyno time for next Monday afternoon. I'll post up the build. Closest one to the peak fwhp number wins and will receive a prize (TBD). yay

414 ci 10.5:1 cr pump gas

World Motown 400 block 4.125

Callies Compstar Crank 3.875" stroke

Eagle H-beam Rods 5.85" L-19 bolts

JE Pistons inverted dome -16cc

Rollmaster timing set

Cometic Head Gasket .040

Cammotion low lash billet soild roller

in lift .688 in dur 254 @ .050

ex lift .631 ex dur 262 @ .050

110 LSA

Profiler 210 cc heads 64 cc combustion chamber. Mild runner, port and bowl blend work

REV stainless steel 2.08 in valves and 1.60 ex valves

PAC Dual valve springs

PAC Titanium retainers

Trend 7/16" push rods

Morel Ultra Pro lifters

Jesel sportsman shaft rockers 1.6 in 1.5 exhaust.

Moroso oil pan and pickup

melling m55 hv oil pump

vic jr intake/ port matched with worked over runners, plenum and runner dividers.

prosystems 950 carb

msd e-curve distributor/ blaster 2 coil 8.5 wires

That is pretty much it. I will video the pulls and post the dyno sheets when we're done. Good luck and let the guessing begin! I'm not very puter savvy so if someone could come up with a way to keep the names and hp choices in some kind of order that would be great.

David

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Heckeng
Ok, I'll be the crazy guy here. . .

I say 600hp, and 550lbft shocked

This is going to be a screamer!

yeah, maybe with a blower...... not to be a pessimist.

I think this is absolutely reasonable. The cam is big, so HP is going to be high, higher than the torque values. My friend made 430hp with a 383, AFR 195 heads, and a 236/242 HYDRAULIC roller cam. David is using a Solid roller even bigger, with 30 more cubic inches and better flowing heads and a SP intake. I think you guys are underestimating this beast. Hopefully I'm not getting David's hopes too high, but I think this will be impressive.

devil Go Dave, Go Dave, Go Dave!!! devil

Originally Posted By: Winston Wolf
Originally Posted By: Heckeng
Ok, I'll be the crazy guy here. . .

I say 600hp, and 550lbft shocked

This is going to be a screamer!

yeah, maybe with a blower...... not to be a pessimist.

I think this is absolutely reasonable. The cam is big, so HP is going to be high, higher than the torque values. My friend made 430hp with a 383, AFR 195 heads, and a 236/242 HYDRAULIC roller cam. David is using a Solid roller even bigger, with 30 more cubic inches and better flowing heads and a SP intake. I think you guys are underestimating this beast. Hopefully I'm not getting David's hopes too high, but I think this will be impressive.

devil Go Dave, Go Dave, Go Dave!!! devil

There is a HUGE difference between 430 HP and 600 HP. I hope it puts out a bunch of power for him, but 600 horse in a 414" engine ain't as easy as people think. Most guys in that range are using 500+ inch big blocks.

Not to be a negative Nancy, but let's be Robbie realistic. I'm going off my experience with my engine. He has 5 cubic inches more than me. I would not say his heads are any better than mine, we have the same size carb from the same place. Around the same compression. Now granted, I haven't had mine on the engine dyno, only a chassis, but lets say a 20% dt loss, what would put mine at 482 the last time I dyno'd. I did change carb, intake rocker ratio and intake since then. It picked up a couple MPH, so lets say it's at 500 now.

He does have a bigger cam,(mine is a solid too) but 100 HP with just a cam change is a bunch.... I guess we'll see. And to get to 600, your gonna have to wind the snot out of that mofo.