1st post...Please dont jump down my throat..lol

daprincipal

Steve, don't ever feel bad about not coming up with an old school background. I once hired a guy straight out of Lincoln College, a school that I am on the board of directors. He was top of his class as well as an honor student. I am putting together the 496 in my 71 Monte and he points at the fuel pump and asks "Is that the oil filter relocation kit?"

He went on later to race that car for me giving me the bests times the car ever ran. It has to be learned by most of you younger guys out ther.

And Tim would not fit down a whales throat, let alone yours. He now lives in Texas where things are supposedly bigger.

Andy

yeah.... man... this nails it, you guys are nuts! that's ok though I feel at home even more. and it's somehow inviting for new people too! Welcome Steve! don't let them scare you all to much!

First off, welcome to the site.

why does this Tim guy have a love affair with furniture?lol

Sorry Tim J/K

It's not really a love affair....it's more like a fatal attraction.

...And in all fairness, he didn't go out looking for furniture: It's stuff he just happened to run across.

The original points-type distributor cap has this little door in the side. The door lets you access the points adjustment. If you look into the door and see a shiny bolt that requires an allen wrench, you have points.

DistCapPointDissy.jpg

There are aftermarket kits out there that let you put modern breakerless electronic systems under that same cap, so the cap itself isn't a sure sign. You need to verify whats inside.

yeah.... man... this nails it, you guys are nuts! that's ok though I feel at home even more. and it's somehow inviting for new people too! Welcome Steve! don't let them scare you all to much!

Guys and GIRLS!!!

You going to have He11 to pay when Capri see's this!lol

Originally Posted By: MonteFox89

Guys and GIRLS!!!

You going to have He11 to pay when Capri see's this!lol

Yeah? Well Timmay started it!

About 2 years ago i knew abolutely nothing when i came to carbed engines.

After owning one, breaking down in one, racing one, and falling in love with one you'll never go back

Fuel injection is witchcraft

I love my monte

After owning one, breaking down in one, racing one, and falling in love with one you'll never go back

I love my monte

I was drawn to the dark side. eek Theres a whole chapter in this book about LS engines. lol

Study%20of%20Witchcraft,%20Advanced%20Wi

Originally Posted By: LuckyKenny

I love my monte

I was drawn to the dark side. eek Theres a whole chapter in this book about LS engines. lol

Study%20of%20Witchcraft,%20Advanced%20Wi

wow, just wow! LOL!

Steve, don't ever feel bad about not coming up with an old school background. I once hired a guy straight out of Lincoln College, a school that I am on the board of

Andy

Thats pretty impressive to me Andy.

Originally Posted By: Andy's Auto
Steve, don't ever feel bad about not coming up with an old school background. I once hired a guy straight out of Lincoln College, a school that I am on the board of

Andy

Thats pretty impressive to me Andy.

I don't know Phil...what if the guy has to work on something besides a Lincoln?..... crazy