Seat Cover and Vinyl Top Help

Mike G

I am looking for a new rear seat cover and vinyl top.

Any of the following I should stay away from or is one better than the other?

Vinyl Top. Padded or Unpadded?

www.oldmusclecars.com

71MS10C1 Rear Seat Covers.....$94.95 set

VT207-B VINYL TOP.....$79.95 ea.

www.thepartsplaceinc.com

IN1896M (1971 - 1972 Monte Carlo) REAR BENCH SEAT COVER ONLY $129.00

BP1249M (1970 - 1972 Monte Carlo) VINYL TOP - DOUBLE SEAM $109.00

www.opgi.com

MNC17 ® rear seat 71-72 EACH $170.95 <---- I think this is the installed price smile

T1088 ® full top, Levant-style 70-72 EACH $123.95

www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com

DA02023 Monte Carlo rear seat upholstery set WITHOUT bolster tie-down wire $123.00

DA40012 1970-1972 vinyl top - padded but has correct grain - gloss black $149.00

DA400131970-1972 vinyl top - unpadded and has correct grain as original - semi-gloss black $199.00

Looks like the prices are all over the place and Old Muscle Car hase the best price. I'm so confused. crazy

Paded tops tend to hold moisture longer,mine is not padded,OE was not padded.Seat covers I dont know,mine were made from scratch,and I have the charge card reciept to show it.I got a grand in my seats.what a DUMB kid I was in the 80's.. nutz

My top is padded and given the choice, I'd go unpadded. It just looks better to me, but then again, I'm a sucker for OE.

My covers are from CARSINC too and they're great, although I must say, I've not once been disappointed in anything I've gotten from Modern Chevy/Oldmusclecars.

Does Leo deal in seat covers/tops?

I also went with a non padded top. The seat covers came from Modern Chevrolet and were made by PUI.

Jim,

Was the top from Modern Chevy also?

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte
Same here with the CarsInc cloth covers. Id have to say thier vinyl would be the same quality!

I thought your car had cloth Mike??

It was wink I have a set of 2005 black power Monte buckets in it so I am going to make it all black. smile

Originally Posted By: ddiddle
My top is padded and given the choice, I'd go unpadded. It just looks better to me, but then again, I'm a sucker for OE.

My covers are from CARSINC too and they're great, although I must say, I've not once been disappointed in anything I've gotten from Modern Chevy/Oldmusclecars.

Does Leo deal in seat covers/tops?

Thanks Daryl

And thanks everyone else on the info. Sounds like Modern Chevy is the way to go and they are cheaper. smile

I got my top and interior from old muscle cars. no issues I am happy with them.

One thought, Dave R. 72MC has an interior in his monte that has a different sheen that I think more resembles leather. I don't remember where it came from but you might check with him.

Same here with the CarsInc cloth covers. Id have to say thier vinyl would be the same quality!

I thought your car had cloth Mike??

Velvet,looks good but was like puttin perfume on a pig..

I got my top (unpadded) from Old Muscle Cars too. I helped Mike and Scott put it on. Be sure to buy lots of glue cans. I bought 3 and had to go gte another one.

Did you use the 3M super 77 Jack?

No matter where you get the interior stuff from...always ask who makes it. I've always been partial to the PUI manufactured stuff. I've never had a problem with the quality of any of their stuff.

From what I understand, CAR'S Inc. makes or has made for them most of their stuff...I've only seen/worked with their cloth interior stuff (they seem to be the only source for cloth) and found it to be very nice as well but I did have to make some adjustments to a set of covers for a 71 Camaro to make them fit right.

I know it's not original but I've always leaned towards the padded tops...their a little more forgiving on the bodywork underneath.

My 2 cents,

Steve

i have a set of rear black set covers that were from PUI, i think i paid 125.

these were never installed, if interested send me a note, only down side freight extra from Vancouver BC Canada.

i would want $60.

Bill

i have a set of rear black set covers that were from PUI, i think i paid 125.

these were never installed, if interested send me a note, only down side freight extra from Vancouver BC Canada.

i would want $60.

Bill

Errrrr! I wish I knew a few days ago, I would have purchased it from you. frown My goodies came in the mail 3 days ago! smile

I have to say that Modern Chevy has the best price and fast shipping. Thank you all for your input. I am very happy with it all.