Exhaust System Installed

dbreese

Finally. I got some time off from work today and went out to my friends shop. I can't say enough good things about the 3" Torque Tech System. Very little pipe cutting was involved. The only mod that we had to make was to the driveshaft loop. The x-pipe was hitting it and would not allow the system to pull up tight. You couldn't move the x-pipe back as it would have been to far and would lose its effectiveness. To far forward would have been to much of an angle off of the head pipe from the header collector. So I measured and cut a section out of the d/s loop. Took a ram press and flattened the cut section. Then may friend welded back in place. After this mod the x-pipe fit perfect and tucked up nice and tight.

The rest of the assembly just required minor tweaking. I ran out of stainless steel band clamps so we just tacked the rest of the joints in place. I need 4 more clamps to finish the system off.

We fired it up and man it sounds soooo wicked. The Pypes Race Pro Mufflers give it a nice note at idle but when you whack the throttle .....WOW! My friend was totally jazzed! He works on and modifies Vipers and C4 to C6 Vettes. He said that it sounded awesome. Scared the snot out of me though because as the temp inside the pipes increased I guess it was burning off some oil inside used to protect the pipes prior to installation. Looked like a mosquito fogger but soon cleared up.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

David

I like it.. very nice! It took you forever to get her started. lol

Yep Rod, I have a temporary fuel system set up with a detergent bottle for a fuel cell some 5/16" line and a cheap airtex electric fuel pump wired in with a toggle under the hood. I don't have my throttle cable adjusted so I have to pump the carb twice by hand, turn on the pump then get in the car and turn the key. Kinda like starting a WW1 aircraft laugh. Well when I made the vid I did everything but turn on the pump and ended up running the car out of gas crazy

David

whistle I'd like to see how they/you did the crossover.

I'll try to shoot some photos today Justin. My daughter is graduating high school and the ceremony is tonight so......lots going on today around the house.

David

Sounds GREAT!

Just wondering - do you live next to a bird sanctuary?? laugh

You would think I did. My property backs up to plantation land so we have lots of wildlife. All kinds of birds including a hawk that will hang out on our back deck railing sometimes. Even saw a bald eagle once setting up in one of the pines on our property. We also have grey and red fox and plenty of deer. Owls are pretty common also.

David

I like it! I got the Race Pros with a 3" system also and have the same results - nice idle but turns almost to a wailing sound if you lean on it. I've only driven home from the exhaust shop, with mine but I figure that out in 4 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Torque Tech satisfied customer. I know I've been one for five years and counting. 3.5" to 3" X-pipe system bought back when the BB went in. Mine isn't as aggressive sounding with Dynomax mufflers, but I did that on purpose. I like to suprise people by blowing there doors off without telling the world about it.

• 4 weeks later...