Oil Light?

LuckyKenny

Centrifugal force turns my oil light on....

I was low, i put some oil in

Seems to not do it anymore

Anything i should check?

What trips that light? A cork like the tank or by pressure??

... or maybe your "oil light" has become an "aggressive cornering meter"? smile

Anything i should check?

Kid you crack me up! lol Release some pressure on that foot pedal..

Originally Posted By: LuckyKenny

Anything i should check?

Kid you crack me up! lol Release some pressure on that foot pedal..

kicking

It's like a shift light when it goes on keep your right foot planted all of the way down and count to 300 then let up. Then you can go to the vendor of your choice and start picking out parts for your new, faster engine. So it's a win/win lol. Seriously it's triggered by low pressure usualy caused from the oil pump sucking air from an empty pan. The sensor itself causes the light to go on by grounding the circut. So it's possible that the wire might be touching and grounding it's not the normal cause. P.s. My firebird will do it with a full oil pan after an extended session of doing doughnuts.....or so I theorize lol. David

It wasn't too low, i put a quart in it.

I feel bad, usually i know how much oil is in my car but now since i've been out of state the last two months i have no clue lol.

You should check it at least every other tankful, specially! If it's burning it, and no doubt probably leaking if I know a 350. Excessive spinning of the rear tires with brute force may also increase oil consumption. lol

I hate to give too much away about my poor habits---but to help you out. One quart low will not usualy cause the oil light to come on....3 will...oops. So you might want to start checking other things out. The cheapest would be to replace the sending unit. The next I would do is to cut open your oil filter next oil change. Don't use a hacksaw. That would put shavings in your filter. I use tin-snips. Messy but I can't afford one of those filter cutters that Jegs and Summit sells. Chances are you are fine but it would be good to have peace of mind. Unfortunatly I have treated small blocks worse and they have always forgiven me. David

My daily driver has been doing this when I turn left a little quickly and the oil level is a little low, reminding me to add a bit. I have both an idiot light as well as a mechanical gauge and both react to this. This has been happening for at least 15 years so I would not lose any sleep over this.

lol Drugs are bad?

Lol that picture was from a long time ago when i was very stupid and just got my car. It looks like it's really really nasty on my suspension eek

Originally Posted By: Sam (Bones)
you need a anti-sway bar smirk

and a governor whistle

If you keep doing powerslides in soccer fields, you'll likely also need an attorney... wink

Is it pick on Kenny Week?

We all were young once and did crazy things to.

115mph in a 40mph zone for me. Lost my drivers license for 6 months. And I blew away a rusted out 2nd gen Monte with a rented 4 door Impala. nutzyay