Finally the LS-5 is back / Rebuilt !!

LS5

After spending more money than I wanted too which seams to always happen on the Chevelle the 454 is completely rebuilt and back in with M-21 attached and running.Big thanks to Vaughn,Roy,Keith for all the help....

Darren.

Wow it sure looks pretty! I'm going to assume this pic was taken before you fired it up...no belts wires or distributor yet.

I like the heat shield for the carb, where can I get one of those?

Thanks guys for the compliments, many hours went into just cleaning up the engine bay and firewall and the frame as well. I started to keep track and took lots more pics as I went along and it seams insane how many hours inc all the stuff to get powder coated and then Painting the firewall and frame and the rad support. Mark I got the Heat Shield off Ebaymotors and if you can believe it it ended at 2am and was listed incorrectly and I got it for as huge $24.95 starting bid and then realised after from another source they are still availible from GM out of the US,and also right this pic was taken just before we slapped on the Dated spark plug wires and dropped in a Pertronix distributor and the belts and some extra's and then she fired up...I took the chance to add some hidden goodies even though it looks stock...hidden are Kieth Black Pistons and a Comp Cam and haveing the crank turned 10/10 and larger Valves into the LS-6 Heads...so the Bias Ply Firestone wide oval O's are going to be toast with about 420hp. Just got to get the linkage sorted out on the M-21 and then put in the 331's in the diff and hopefully enjoy it sometime this summer..????

Darren.

This is all the info I got off the sheet if you can make head or tails of it, I went with what they recommended but bearing in mind I needed Vacuum for brakes as it is a 4spd car too...so I hope nothing rediculous as it has yet to see the streets...waiting for new set of shifter rods and levers to arrive...

Competition 502 Rotating Assemblies

Recommended for use up to 850 HP (1500 HP with optional ARP L-19 bolts)

balanced and blueprinted

coraspond to LS-6 heads

part no. COMP CAM 11601-4.

Darren.