More Chrome Work

Hey guys and girls, I dropped off my grille, headlight bezels, taillight trim to get rechromed and it all came up to $450. It's going to be awhile before I get everything back so I wont be able to have any pics no time soon. The place is local here in Cleveland. I told the owner to do me a solid and there will be a lot of business coming his way. I'll keep you all posted.... Rodney

Is that the same guy that did your bumpers?
No that was Tri City in Tenn. He told me they didn't do grilles and such.
Originally Posted By: Jared Richey
I sure hope this works out. I'm sick of people charging over $500 and more for a Grille, when about 20% of the chrome actually shows.
Yeah Jared I once got quoted $2500. This gentleman told me that it's only gonna be the outer parts of the grille and not inside the slots. I was hoping they could just dip the whole thing in chrome.

I sure hope this works out. I'm sick of people charging over $500 and more for a Grille, when about 20% of the chrome actually shows.

I think it is more how much work that goes into a piece than how much of the Chrome will show in the end. I can see where a grille would be a ton of work. That said, for everything he has being chromed it sounds like a very good price.

Rob

• 9 months later...
Has this guy had your stuff since this was originally posted August of 2011????

Steve

Yes he has!! He is like a one man show with a little help. He called me in February and told me everything was ready, and I am out of work now. So I will be making payments until it's all paid off.

Well Guys and Girls here is a couple pics of the Monte's Grille. He unwrapped it just so I could take a picture of it.

2012-05-30142011.jpg2012-05-30142019.jpg

That looks real nice man. Good luck on finding work so you can get those paid off and in the car.

rodney,

wally did the rear bumper on my 70.

only thing about him is ,hes slow and he uses a grinder to strip the old chrome off.that left grind marks on the finish of the new chrome.maybe it was just mine.

the bumper looked great from a few feet away ,but up close you could see the marks.

i had my 71 bumper done by ketstone and love the finish.and it has a lifetime finish warranty.

bob

rodney,

wally did the rear bumper on my 70.

only thing about him is ,hes slow and he uses a grinder to strip the old chrome off.that left grind marks on the finish of the new chrome.maybe it was just mine.

the bumper looked great from a few feet away ,but up close you could see the marks.

i had my 71 bumper done by ketstone and love the finish.and it has a lifetime finish warranty.

bob

Bob Wally wanted to much to do my bumpers so I sent them to Tri-City. They turned out beautiful
Originally Posted By: Monteman1971
So Rodney...does it look as good in person as the picture?

Steve

Steve It looks really good except I think he could've prepared inside the fins a little. Maybe grinded it a little to remove the pits as they can still be seen. He had told me that it was not going to be chromed inside so I knew that. But I can maybe smooth them down and paint it black inside them. But yes the grille really gleams!!! I should have them back in my possesion soon.

Glad you found a fair deal on a rehcomed Monte grill. The inside, black it out, and you'll have a billet look.

To bad he doesn't have more help.

What was the final price?

That grill looks awesome Rodney. May you be blessed with a job soon. It's not fun being unemployed. Prayers to help you find what you want. Then you can get the Monte back together.

Glad you found a fair deal on a rehcomed Monte grill. The inside, black it out, and you'll have a billet look.

To bad he doesn't have more help.

What was the final price?

Jared it was $350 for the grille. $50 for the headlight bezels and $20 for the tailight trim and extension moldings. $420 which I think was a great price.

That grill looks awesome Rodney. May you be blessed with a job soon. It's not fun being unemployed. Prayers to help you find what you want. Then you can get the Monte back together.
Originally Posted By: MGD72Monte
Nice grill, good luck with the job hunt.
Thanks guys. Yes the job search takes its toll on me, but I have to keep on pushing. Royce thanks for the blessing. I am blessed because I was going to let this company do the work on the Monte and my Cousin stepped forward and I thank God he did because I probably would've lost my Monte due to my job situation crymad