alert...Chevelle post

CrazyDavey

just wanted to keep you all up to date. Made my move to Oregon (Lafayette) and made it out to Woodburn this weekend (about 30 minutes). I had also run there the weekend before as well. It is an awesome track, well cared for, well maintained and the track prep is great.

Car has been running great, it seems to really like it here. Friday the car was really hooking great, all the 60' were 1.33 to 1.35. Between Friday and Sunday (took Saturday off for a grandson's football game) all 11 passes were in the 9.60's the best being 9.61. The best speed came on Sunday at 138.88....here's that pass.....

hope you enjoy... wink

The beat goes on! Congratulations on your continued success, Dave! Do I understand that you relocated your residence to Oregon and are now racing in a new/better venue? Other than the track, are there also atmospheric conditions that are more favorable there?

Seems like your Chevelle is crazy fast for a naturally aspirated motor. How much further (faster) do you think it is feasible to go?

Thanks for sharing the video. You have a good videographer.

Dave and Red, Congrats on your move and being closer to your family. I hope everything went smoothly for you. The Chevelle looks great and I'm glad your having fun. Enjoy all that life has to offer !!! CK

thanks everyone, we're looking forward to some new experiences up here. The area we live in is very beautiful, it's sort of Oregon's wine country, a lot of vineyards around here (we have some vines in our backyard).

Dennis so far the weather has been very good, the track elevation is lower than the tracks I was running at so the DA hangs in there better and you get good baro's. The humidity is higher so that cancels some of that out but it's still on the plus side from what I was use to.....as far as making it faster, I could put a solid roller in it and pick another 70hp or so, that would probably get it into the 9.30's or maybe even 20's...if I did a 150 shot then 8's..... wink

Well Davey.....looks like the Velle likes OR too!!! Wait till ya get a shot of cooler air. I'm guessing the car could pick up as much as two mph and a tenth or more out the back. Could be more!! OR has some killer wines.

I was out in Portland years ago and was eating at a Ruths Chris and I asked the waiter for a wine suggestion. He brought me a red from a local vineyard and told me if I didn't like it it was on the house. It was very good and I had a few more glasses with supper. You need to get the vines going in the back and start making some vino and bottle it under the name, "Crazy Daveys Hot Rod Cab". LOL

Congrats on the new best.

David

Originally Posted By: Mike 57
Nice pass Dave!

I think it is great when any track has modern plumbing!

everything is nice at this track....the concessions even has a full breakfast menu..... cool

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon...........

Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey
Originally Posted By: Mike 57
Nice pass Dave!

I think it is great when any track has modern plumbing!

everything is nice at this track....the concessions even has a full breakfast menu..... cool

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon...........

no kidding, I walked by there Sunday morning and was drawn in like a moth to a light....

Dave, your launches are Baaaaaadd. And when I say bad, I mean AWEEEESOOOME. I must have played the launch 15 times. You actually looked to get just a touch squirelly in the rear during the wheels up. Did it or are my eyes playing tricks on me? - Dave

Dave, your car reminds me of Robyn's Monte. I'm not sure if you knew him or not but his car was very mild but it ran way better than you would think it would just looking at the specs----as your engine, and his show, it is all about the combination, not the individual parts or how much you spend.

freakin' awesome! Keep up the good work!

Dave, your launches are Baaaaaadd. And when I say bad, I mean AWEEEESOOOME. I must have played the launch 15 times. You actually looked to get just a touch squirelly in the rear during the wheels up. Did it or are my eyes playing tricks on me? - Dave

no your eyes were spot on Dave.....on the initial hit it started to spin (a little move to the left) and I thought that's what it was going to do and then bam it hooked, it surprised me but then I thought oh okay...this is going to be fun.... grin

Dave, your car reminds me of Robyn's Monte. I'm not sure if you knew him or not but his car was very mild but it ran way better than you would think it would just looking at the specs----as your engine, and his show, it is all about the combination, not the individual parts or how much you spend.

freakin' awesome! Keep up the good work!

thanks Scott, yes I knew Robyn, his ole yeller ran great....couldn't agree more...you can spend $5000 on the right parts and $10,000 on the wrong ones and 5 will beat 10 every time...

Quote:
thanks Scott...now go put your motor in....

We'll be doing that this weekend!!!!!

Congrats on the move and the nice track...we can only drool and wish for a track here on Long Island.

The Velle runs awesome!!!!

Steve