My Official Color!!

71 MONTE 4 YA

Ok this is the official color that I'm going with. I came across three quarts of uk11 Apple Red Kandy and two quarts of bc02 Orion Silver base for a couple hundred. So I'm going to grab up a couple more quarts of the Red and one of the silver and whatever else I need. Here is a

Mmm, candy. That's going to be nice. Make sure your painter is well qualified, sometimes tri coat paints can be a challlenge. It is very hard to determine exactly how much paint needed for a job like that too, especially on a car this big. Sometimes it may require way more coats of candy than anticipated to achieve proper look your going for. Make sure your painter does some spray outs or sometimes called "let down" panels for you to look at prior to actually painting to help you decide on final color. Candys get darker and much richer as more coats are applied, but sometimes if too many coats go on you lose the brilliance or intencity of the metallic below

Rodney check with House of Kolor and make sure they are still making that color. Last year I need a gallon a Rootbeer Kandy to redo my Monte and they stopped making the Kandy base coat I needed. 95a7ca48-1.jpg Rootbeer Kandy BC07 with dry copper penny in the clear coat over the sliver sealer. If you need the catalyses let me know I have alot of half prints left which I did not use and they are unopen.

Yes House of Kolor has discontinued many of their color combos. Trying to match HOK stuff with others makers usually does not work well. Make sure you get enough to finish the project and have some left over for later repairs or small redo's.

Lots of good advice here Rodney, I personally try to steer clear of custom candys and pearls for cars that will be drivers. They are next to impossible to duplicate for any touch up, or future possible damage to a vehicle. It is a sharp looking color, but there are lots of variables that go into a candy, down to something as simple as air pressure.

Good luck with it, it sure will be sharp looking when its done!

Lots of good advice here Rodney, I personally try to steer clear of custom candys and pearls for cars that will be drivers. They are next to impossible to duplicate for any touch up, or future possible damage to a vehicle. It is a sharp looking color, but there are lots of variables that go into a candy, down to something as simple as air pressure.

Good luck with it, it sure will be sharp looking when its done!

Thanks Tony!! All advise taken seriously because I will definetly be driving the Monte. Guess I will have to be more of a defensive driver.
Originally Posted By: cny first gen 71
I like it Rodney good luck with it I hope it comes out just like you want it.
Thanks Steve!!!
Originally Posted By: bigscaht
thats a nice color...pretty close to kandy brandy wine by HOK!!

Yelp Scott that Brandywine was my first choice with Nova orange basecoat, but that is usually seen with lighter interiors. Plus I got a great deal on this paint so here we are.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn, Rod, that's going to look hot. Can't wait to see it done, but on the other hand, I had zero grey hair when you started this struggle and now I look like Santa Claus. Git er done...
Well Andy I have no hair so I better hurry before I lose my scalp roflkicking. It's coming along. Finally back to work and making a little money!!