What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no, Rock - still a work in progress, as I've been devoting most of my free time as "caregiver" for my Uncle (who recently passed) and a Mother with dementia. Once I get through dealing with the aftermath re: my Uncle, I hope to get back to working on it as it is a great stress reliever.

STALL HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT HOW TO ATTACH PICS! CHECK OUT MY GALLERY PIC "ALMOST THERE AFTER 18 MONTHS!" MY 1971 ALMOST READY FOR PAINT! SEE HER AT THE EASTERN MEET! My bad, Leghome, sorry!! jim

20140606_130143.jpeg

On the right side of your pic in the gallery, the link that says "medium image" copy the text in that box, then paste in in the reply box, it will insert the pic for you. Hope that helps you, your getting pretty close there, looks great!

Yup, I was so grateful for your help, I almost thought about changing her color to GREEN! But, my heart just won't let me! Trying to get as close to the old color as possible, with, maybe a lot more metallic!

Thanks again,

Jim

Yup, I was so grateful for your help, I almost thought about changing her color to GREEN! But, my heart just won't let me! Trying to get as close to the old color as possible, with, maybe a lot more metallic!

Thanks again,

Jim

I ordered plumbing items for the 72 this morning then trim the last trunk floor pan to fit and dropped the fuel cell back in its hole. only items left is to weld the floor pan in to the brace and tub and the trunk work will be done.

Pulled the valve covers and looked the valve train over, pulled the plugs and checked them. Checked the valve lash and all was good. Buttoned her back up and went for a little cruise.

David

After being up on jack stands for over 4 months it's down on the garage floor once again. I finally got the fuel tank back in and installed the rear sway bar. Now to get the MSD box wired in and fire her up!

After being up on jack stands for over 4 months it's down on the garage floor once again. I finally got the fuel tank back in and installed the rear sway bar. Now to get the MSD box wired in and fire her up!

Gett'er Done Scott!!! cool Where are you going to mount the MSD Box? I tucked mine up at the front of the inner fender well and it is kinda of hidden by the battery tray.

David

Was actually yesterday. Installed a period reman. water pump. A correct 811 casting. Also started attempting to do some clean up on her for the eastern meet!!! Almost here, going to be fun. smile

Did inventory on parts I have for the rebuild and discovered I have more than I thought even extras! Started cutting out the trunk floor getting ready for new floor. Trimmed and test fit the tail panel I bought from Jared. Pet the 454 on the stand whispering "there is no replacement for displacement" grin